Question about tangerine

1. SHOPBOP The big SALE just launched, with markdowns of 40% on 5,000+ styles, including the designer boutique! SHOP THE SALE
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NET-A-PORTER NAP's annual Spring/Summer sale is now live, save up to 50% on their designer inventory! SHOP THE SALE
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just received a tangerine mam from LB and was wondering if anyone else has a tangerine MAM from there? Does your leather smell different/weird? I can't explain it, but the tangerine doesn't have the same fresh leather smell as my ruby MAM.

2. I will let you know I am getting one from somewhere but in my hase of purse shoppng I have no idea where it's coming from...hmph I hope I am still getting it!

3. My RM had a little smell to it when i first got it too. It has something to do with the glazing process. Any of the bags that have the glaze on it have a slight stink to it. SOme of the girls recommended putting dryer sheets in it, and leaving it outside for a few hrs. Mine didn't really bother me much, and has faded out a lot in the past few weeks i've been using it.

4. I have the Tangerine MAM, and I know what you mean. It doesn't smell "weird" to me, but it doesn't smell anything like any of my other RM bags. I think this has to do with some sort of glazing process on the Tangerine leather(since it does have a bit of a glazed finish). Not certain on this, but just a thought.

5. Thanks. I was wondering if it was the glaze b/c I don't think the ruby has a glaze.
    If that's all it is, then I am happy b/c I love the color. It is a fun neutral!

6. thanks for your reply! I love how quickly the girls in this forum jump in to help each other.

When, I said weird, I guess I just meant strong and less leather like. I'm betting it's the glaze and am airing it out right now!

7. My violet has a slight glaze too and so does my eggplant but both smell like leather. Not too strong.

8. My violet Matinee & Tangy MAM both had an oil-paint smell. It goes away when the bag airs out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice