Question about straps on Chanel bags?

lovincollectin

Chanel Late Bloomer!
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
Hi all.... I have been lurking and posting a little but, this my first "official" post. I just bought my first Chanel last week (Jumbo lambskin Flap...love it:yes:) All thanks to the wonderful guidance on this board;). But, my question involves a vintage handbag lambskin bag that my sister bought a few days ago. I finally got to see it IRL instead of the auction pic.

I noticed that it has a lovely gold chain strap but it is laced with suede instead of leather (lambskin.) I thought I read that the leathers should match on the strap with whatever the handbag is made of. It could be that the strap was replaced.....very possible since it is vintage:shrugs:

That is really the question should they match?

The seller did not disclose this in the auction .....only stated that the strap was leather.

I think my DS might have jumped on one without doing her homework. I have now educated her in asking lots of questions first and coming here for the "final opinion":yes:

Here is the link to see the strap:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330219484811&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

oh sorry.....but I wasn't asking for authentication since I already posted in the Authenticate This thread. Just is it typical for leathers to match?

But I guess I will find a different thread since it is kinda related.

Hopefully I will learn my way around here....Thanks