Question about straps on Chanel bags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all.... I have been lurking and posting a little but, this my first "official" post. I just bought my first Chanel last week (Jumbo lambskin Flap...love it:yes:) All thanks to the wonderful guidance on this board;). But, my question involves a vintage handbag lambskin bag that my sister bought a few days ago. I finally got to see it IRL instead of the auction pic.

I noticed that it has a lovely gold chain strap but it is laced with suede instead of leather (lambskin.) I thought I read that the leathers should match on the strap with whatever the handbag is made of. It could be that the strap was replaced.....very possible since it is vintage:shrugs:

That is really the question should they match?

The seller did not disclose this in the auction .....only stated that the strap was leather.

I think my DS might have jumped on one without doing her homework. I have now educated her in asking lots of questions first and coming here for the "final opinion":yes:

Here is the link to see the strap:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330219484811&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

2. You need to post this in the authenticate this thread. The girls there will be happy to answer and help you.

3. oh sorry.....but I wasn't asking for authentication since I already posted in the Authenticate This thread. Just is it typical for leathers to match?

But I guess I will find a different thread since it is kinda related.

Hopefully I will learn my way around here....Thanks