Question about strap repair?

lovincollectin

Chanel Late Bloomer!
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
I know this question has bee asked before. Sorry to ask again (I sure miss the search function:sad:) A stitch has come loose on my leather woven chain strap of my beige vintage lambskin jumbo flap.:sad:. I know it needs repair. My question is: Would you send it to Chanel for repair or is this something a shoe/handbag repair shop could fix? Ugggg....not sure what to do. Maybe I should just get a whole new strap. I would imagine at some point the straps do wear out.

Not sure which way to go:shrugs: Would appreciate direction...TIA

lovincollectin

Chanel Late Bloomer!
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
Without the search function I am lost. So sorry if I have to ask again.......how do I send my bag to Chanel. The closest boutique is 3 hours away. I don't have SA either. Somewhere I was given a name of a SA but, now can't find it. Is a SA the one to help me? Or do I call Chanel directly? Thanks for your help. I have a box and packing....so I am ready to ship it off.

lisakaplan

Nov 12, 2007
i have the same issue. The strap on my baby cabas came loose. I took it to the chanel store at Neiman's and they said if they sent it to chanel it would take 3 months so they gave me a referral to a leather reapir person that they reccommend i am planning to take it there. 3 months is too long to be away from my baby

lovincollectin

Chanel Late Bloomer!
O.G.
Jul 19, 2007
I had the same issue and I was told 3 months too. (1 more month until I get my baby back). I think it was worth it for me because it was still under warranty and I hope to be wearing this bag for a while!

I don't mind the waiting period. I just want it done right:yes: Did you just call Chanel 1-800 # or did you go through a SA? Thanks for any help!!!!:smile: