Question about stamps on exotic KPs

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  2. Don't have a direct answer, but I noticed that the ones that are stamped on the non-exotic interior are all Shiny Niloticus whereas the ones that you show stamped on the exotic part are all Matte Alligator so I'm not sure if it has something to do with the shiny vs. matte or the nature of the skin (nilo croc vs. alligator) and the construction for each. My matte lizard is also stamped on the non-exotic interior.

3. #3 Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
    hi beaumonde, that is a very interesting question which prompted me to look and check my KPs.

I found that all the inner flaps of my KPs are lined with non-exotic leather (lambskin perhaps?) therefore the stamping inside is on non-exotic leather.

I am actually surprised that some of the KPs above have exotic inner flaps :thinking:

I bought my exotic KPs from the boutique within the last four months and all three (two alligator and one lizard) are "M" stamped...

do you think that H just recently changed the material of the inner flaps?

any thoughts from other exotic KP owners? TIA :flowers:

p.s. they are all shiny as well

4. rox, are any of yours matte? i think matte reptile would be the only kind supple enough to use as a lining ~ similarly matte croc is the only kind used for the lindy, which needs a bendy leather.

5. whoops! just saw the end of your post - that yours are all shiny.

6. i think that's it, orchids. :smile:
    my shiny lizard is stamped on an agneau lining.

7. Thank you!

8. No clue about the original question, but just had to ask, are you looking for something KP and exotic, Beaumonde???:graucho:

9. I plead the Fifth!

10. #11 Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
    Oops, I just checked my matte black lizard and the stamp is on the lizard as the interior flap is covered with the matte lizard up until the pocket; pocket and the rest of the interior are lined in agneau.

Based on the above posts and my own bag, I think the bottom line is that matte exotic JPGS have the exotic skin lined on the interior flap up until the interior pocket, whereas the interior flap of the shiny exotics is entirely lined in agneau. Stamp placement is consistent on both bags; the lining is just different depending on shiny/matte.

11. I think you're right orchids...thanks!

12. Thanks everyone! So J of those who have more than one that you can do your very own side by side comparison!

13. This is great info!! All good to know. TY!

14. This is consistent with my shiny nilo croc KPs. Good observation, orchids. It makes sense as shiny croc is stiff and it would not be so practical to have the interior of the flap to be lined in croc.