Question about shipping.

writtenstars

shopaholic :)
Jun 14, 2009
So i won a bag on the bay, and the reason i wanted it was because it was in my price range including shipping, so i was like PERFECT!!http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...em=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT&salenotsupported

in the description it said that shipping to Australia would only take $38.2 USD. Now, i got an invoice from the seller, saying that she will now charge me $138.2 for shipping (WTH?!)

So, what do i do now?

isobel: what if she says i will have to pay $138.2? i emailed her twice, and no response yet!
the bag had a BIN before, of $399, i think it went over the reserve, as when i bid this morning the BIN was gone. Possible she wants to get some $$ from shipping?

I agree with ladyisobel. Looks to me like she accidentally put a 1 in front of the 38.2.
If your invoice said $1xx.xx with some random numbers, I would be worried about it but, since it is the exact amount she was supposed to charge except with a 1 in front of it, It definitely looks like a typo.

You just won it today, right?
I would just give the seller a little more time to respond.

If for some reason, she does come back and say that it wasn't a typo ( which I highly doubt she will ), then, just tell her listing said NOTHING about the shipping being over $100 and that you aren't going to pay that much. You never agreed to pay that much so, you don't have to. I definitely would NOT pay that much for shipping, EVER.

the maximu i've paid for a bag to come to oz from the states was USD50 and that was including signature,insurance and delivery confirmation...USD138 is way,way too much!
wait to see what the seller says...

isobel: what if she says i will have to pay $138.2? i emailed her twice, and no response yet!
the bag had a BIN before, of $399, i think it went over the reserve, as when i bid this morning the BIN was gone. Possible she wants to get some $$ from shipping?

sellers aren't allowed to ask for extra shipping once the listing has ended, so i would hope not, i really think it's a typo.

girls, the seller replied:
As stated in the auction if item bids over $250 we are required by paypal to provide on line tracking with signature confirmation in order to get payment released. The only companies that do this internationally are fed ex and ups. If you would like to pay through my store with a credit card I can mail regular USPS priority Mail International because I will not need to provide on line signature confirmation. Thank you

but doesn't priority international already gives that benefit? i've never heard of it not giving such benefit before.
And in the Auction, it does say that priority mail international is compulsory, but not Fedex and UPS...

I would NOT pay through her store, you will be no more protected than by doing a Charge back through your CC provider if you get NO item, but no protection if it's SNAD.

If she's expected to ship w/ tracking (as she is) then she should have incorporated into the auction.

Looking at the auction, it's got differentiating statements:
"The cost of combined shipping depends on weight, location of buyer and size of box." but yet priced out as "US $38.20 USPS Priority Mail International TM Service to Australia". One of those gives me the impression that final shipping cost will be determined afterwards, and one obviously states that it's fixed price to the buyer to start with.

You never agreed to pay that much so, you don't have to.

:yes:

You are under no obligation to pay more than you agreed to pay (by bidding on the auction). :nogood:

The seller, however, is under an obligation to ship for the amount she specified in the auction. :yes:

If she's made some sort of mistake in the listing and simply can't ship it to Oz for that little, then you could decide to be kind to her and pay the difference, if you wanted to; but as I say, you don't have to.

shes arguing on the point that in the fine print it says sig. cofirmation for stuff over $250, therefore she needs to use UPS/Fedex.

but it never stated in the auction that she can choose to use fedex/ ups, i can only see priority mail international