Question about shipping a bag for repair

Oct 28, 2011
The straps on my Neverfull need repair. I noticed they have a few spots where the leather seems to have come off in very very small circles and I have no idea how this happened. Anyway, I live 3.5 hours from the nearest boutique and due to COVID have no plans to travel to that area. I have heard that repairs sent to LV are taking about 3 months now, but my question is how do you ship the bag to them once you speak to them over the phone about the repair? I get anxious thinking about shipping a Neverfull through the mail in this hot weather, whether that’s logical or not. In February when I noticed the damage, I was going to wait until I traveled to the boutique and just bring the bag there but now with COVID I have no idea when that will be.

Many thanks if you can tell me your experience about sending bags through the mail for repair.

I’ve sent my Toiletry 19 and Pochette Accessories for repair. Both are taking about 2 months. I was sent a pre-paid label via contacting customer service/repairs on their website.