Question about Shimmy

Linnea

O.G.
May 3, 2008
Hi ladies,

I hope someone can help me with my questions regarding Shimmy. I am drawn to this style like a magnet... Maybe because I haven't tried that one yet :biggrin:. Bags come, bags go... well, more come than go...

Anyway, first question is regarding the design. Can you carry heavy stuff in this bag or will the leather stretch. I guess nope, as the strap is attached to one side of the bag with the small rings. I hope someone can prove me wrong though.

Second question, matte leather: how durable is this leather? What is it like compared to NVT?

I have had an eye on the black Shimmy since it was released. I think it looks stylish and timeless. The matte leather also looks lovely. However, if I invest in a new bag with a long strap, it has to be durable and has to be able to carry a lot of stuff...

TIA for your help :flowers:!

hello linnea,

yea the strap is attached to the small rings, and it can be carried heavy stuffs!! My e/w shimmy in straw hold lots of stuffs too!!!

Even my straw shimmy is made by natural smooth leather, but what I found that matte leather is more soft & durable with a matte finish. If compared to NVT, matte leather will still show markings & scratches but they will not be so prominent as NVT. Spray your bag with collini then it will be fine. I didn't baby too much on my straw shimmy and she still looks fab cos I've sprayed collini on it. I hope it helps.

Looking forward to see your black shimmy!!

Ingridlud, the one I am thinking of is the regular Shimmy.

Thanks Tastefashion, that was nice to hear! I was concerned that the small D-rings wouldn't allow me to carry that much stuff inside. I think the style is gorgeous and the more I look at it, the more I love it. The shoulder strap looks comfortable, which is really important to me. BTW, your straw E/W Shimmy is absolutely stunning!

My other option is the Bayswater bowling bag, but I don't know where to look for it. The downside to this bag is that the strap is fairly narrow, so I don't know how comfortable that would be. Then again, it is in NVT, which is my fave leather...

I don't want to pay full price, so whatever bag it will be, I hope to find it in the sale :smile:.

I have the Shimmy tote in tumbled sheepskin, it's roomy and I can carry tons of stuff in it - I wouldn't worry about the leather stretching! But then again, I don't know about the NVT regular Shimmy...