Question about selling Chanel necklaces.

Bold_as_Love

Nov 6, 2009
I've been trying to get rid of a few of my Chanel necklaces, so I made listings on Ebay. I started off by listing just 1 necklace to see if it would sell. I have 82 views at 12 watchers, but no bidders! It is priced very reasonably too. I got 2 emails, which I replied to, but they never replied back!

I'm starting to get annoyed with Ebay... I just want my necklaces gone FAST. So I tried Yoogi's closet (Read some reviews here on PF so I decided to try it out).

Their offers were even lower than what I intended to sell for.

My question: If I'm really just trying to sell my necklaces fast, would it be a good idea to just get ripped off by Yoogi's closet? They say they pay for all shipping...

What do you think?

Is it priced with as an auction? If so, most seasoned bidders don't bid until the close to the end of the auction. If it doesn't sell as an auction, you can try a BIN using your auction starting price and take best offers. You can set the minimum offer you are willing to entertain so you don't have to deal with ridiculous low ball offers.

A lot of people prefer to deal with consignment shops because there is less hassle and risk than selling directly on ebay. If you are a new ebayer (i.e. not lots of feedback) this might be a better option for you.

While their offer might have been lower than your opening price, remember that Ebay and PP will take out a chunk. Besides, there are other consignments like Anns or Avelle. Sorry, but it is a sad reality in this economy that you often won't get the price you want right away.

Thanks everyone. Maybe I'll just go ahead and send them to Yoogi's.

Another quick question - Will Yoogi's ever reject what you send them? Or do they almost always take everything?

I have 3 Chanel necklaces that are in excellent condition, but some don't have tags/boxes.

I know how you feel! I am stubborn so if I don't get an offer that is pretty close to the price I want to sell it for, I won't sell. If you need the money fast, you might want to lower the price. If you are in no rush, then keep it at the price that you want to get for it and just wait until someone purchases.

I just ended my listings. I'm going to ask around, see if any of my friends are interested in buying. If not, I'm shipping them to Yoogi's. I've been trying to sell them for a while now with no luck.

I haven't seen your listing, but I agree with the above post - start with a low price and a reserve with a high BIN. If you have the original receipt, post a photo of that (with personal data hidden). It makes a big difference in interest. Good luck.

I haven't seen your listing, but I agree with the above post - start with a low price and a reserve with a high BIN. If you have the original receipt, post a photo of that (with personal data hidden). It makes a big difference in interest. Good luck.

This thread is over a year old....