Question about SA and if they can ship LV from other countries

Vespa_girl

O.G.
Nov 3, 2012
Hi all,

I bought the recently discontinued Beige Podure Alma, and a few weeks ago went into my LV store here in Brisbane to ask if they had any matching zippy wallets out the back, and the SA's there told me that they didn't, and that the colour was no longer available.

However,

I went onto the US Louis Vuitton site and the sarah wallet is there as of typing this.

I was just wondering if a particular country still has an item which is soon to be discontinued, can or will a SA try to get it for you?

I know that when I wanted my Pomme Alma BB, there were none in Australia, so they requested one from France, and when they received one, they would let me know.....

So is it possible to get LV from other countries?

Failing this idea, I might have to keep an eye on fashionphile, though I rarely see limited vernis peices for sale.....

Sometimes discontinued bags and colours linger on the website or even pop up from time to time way after they've been discontinued, doesnt necessarily mean that they are still available but its just a technical glitch. Have you called louis vuitton's helpline to see if they could assist you in this?
I only have only one louis vuitton store in my country and I tried to get the artsy gm around the time it was being discontinued, unfortunetly my store had none in when i went to buy and i asked if they could bring one in for me from somewhere else but they couldn't and would only make a 'reservation/order' incase they got one in.. That never happened however. I continued to see the bag on the website for many months after and my husband even went to paris on some business during this time and was so nice to go look for it for me as he knew how was just dying to have this bag but he was only told that they'd discontinued the bag and had none left in Paris. I was curious as to why it was still showing on their website if its not availlable anywhere? so i emailed the uk store to see if they had any in the uk so maybe i could find a way, if any to get it, i was told that the bag had been discontinued and perhaps i could go to my local lv store to find other options. I gave up there... Maybe you will have better luck but its worth a try.

I think you need to know that everytime SA request an item from another store in another country, they will incur cost: courier, custom etc.... If you have a close SA and the item is expensive enough to justify that cost and you are certain to buy it, yes, they will. Most of the time, they will say no or they look for one within the same country.

The 2 countries that they will transfer in for you willingly is HongKong and France cause the bags will be shipped together with the rest of the inventory.

There are countries whereby they will never transfer their bags out of country due to the "complexity" of the tax system. Eg China.

Last edited:
I think you need to know that everytime SA request an item from another store in another country, they will incur cost: courier, custom etc.... If you have a close SA and the item is expensive enough to justify that cost and you are certain to buy it, yes, they will. Most of the time, they will say no or they look for one within the same country.

The 2 countries that they will transfer in for you willingly is HongKong and France cause the bags will be shipped together with the rest of the inventory.

There are countries whereby they will never transfer their bags out of country due to the "complexity" of the tax system. Eg China.

This is true ... also I have had items come from NZ.. you can ask the SA to create an international request but as chin stated it depends on the SA...also sometimes these requests can take months due to customs issues. Good Luck:smile: