Question about RM leather

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,
    I am thinking about buying a mac in black. I already have one with rose gold leather and the leather is beautiful; thick, pebbly yet smooth. I wanted to buy black as I don't actually own many black bags and the mac is the perfect size for me. However, when I look at retailers online (e.g http://www.shopbop.com/mac-bag-rebecca-minkoff/vp/v=1/845524441938409.htm?folderID=2534374302107271&fm=other-shopbysize&colorId=12560 )
    The leather looks thin, smooth and shiny, without any pebbly texture . I don't like this look as much.

Does anyone know for sure if there are texture differences such as this in the Macs IRL, or if it only looks this way in pictures? If the leather is different, does anyone know if maybe an older model wouldn't have the nice thick leather?

Thanks all!

2. I would try Zappos I bought newer black Mac and the leather is not shinny but it's supple not super thin but not as thick as the old MACs either.

Please PM me if you see an Alexander Wang Rockie in black leather with nickel hardware at less than retail.

3. Thank you for the response... do you have any pics? I'd like to see the texture.

4. Yes, here you go this is the mini MAC.
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395740760.654202.jpg

Please PM me if you see an Alexander Wang Rockie in black leather with nickel hardware at less than retail.

5. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395740968.755335.jpg

6. Ah that is perfect, exactly what I wanted to see, thanks! What lining do you have?

7. It's the black and white speckled one that looks like confetti. The interior has one slip pocket on the back wall and that's it.

8. I have a black mini mac with the texture you are looking for, it looks to be the same as the one posted above with silver hardware (can't tell in the pic) I bought mine from kitson about this time last year and it has the same speckled lining.

9. I have a Neon Pink Mini Mac, which I purchased from Fashionette.de and the texture is smoother than what you want. Still very thick leather though.
    I think it really depends on the hide. It might be best to get it at a store if you can.