Question about returning by mail to the outlet

NCC1701D

Jan 24, 2011
I placed two orders in the online factory sale last week. I want to return items from both orders. Can I just send everything in one box? The shipping label they provided has a barcode so I'm not sure if they'll just scan that and only look at the order that corresponds to that barcode, or if I include both packing slips inside the box if they will look at both. I hope this question makes sense!

I placed two orders in the online factory sale last week. I want to return items from both orders. Can I just send everything in one box? The shipping label they provided has a barcode so I'm not sure if they'll just scan that and only look at the order that corresponds to that barcode, or if I include both packing slips inside the box if they will look at both. I hope this question makes sense!

I would put both orders in one box. But definitely put each of the order slips with each order in its bag. Assuming you bought two bags, I would send each of them in original plastic bag with the slip right in it for each bag. The person who will unpack will figure it out. I have returned few oredrs in one box to Nordstrom before and never had a problem.

I'm wondering, when you return from the online sale do you have to pay the shipping? I hate paying shipping charges!

If the bag is being returned because one changed their mind about the bag, then yes, one pays the shipping.
If the item was damaged, then call customer service, because they should pay.

just curious.. were the items damaged or did you just change your mind? I'm nervous about items being damaged in my orders!

I've received a couple of damaged items, but most have been fine. This is typical of buying from the outlet/factory store, though, sometimes things are slightly damaged. :shrugs:

Thanks for your help! (I tried to reply last night but the site was giving me problems.)

I ended up sending it back today (at my expense... it was under $10 for priority mail). I put everything in one box and included both return slips and a note saying that I was returning 3 items from 2 orders. It should be fine. Nothing was damaged (everything was packaged impeccably and was in perfect condition), I just changed my mind/didn't need everything I ordered.