Question about retail prices

giggles178

May 16, 2006
I am new to the Chloe forum. You can usually find me over at the Balenciaga forum. I have recently found a great contact for all kinds of bags. She has a brand new (used twice) Chloe paddington chocolate. She wants $900. Is that a good price? I have been wanting one of these for awhile now. She said she can't even tell that it has been used before. Thanks for any info you guys can provide.

Jennifer

It's a good price for a used bag, but the real question is, is it authentic? Can she provide the source of purchase, and a valid receipt? Can she show you pictures of the EXACT bag you will receive, or can you see it in real life? Honestly, if the bag was only used 2x, she could get a lot more than $900. You need to ask more questions. A great contact for all kinds of bags is most likely selling fakes. I know, I'm a downer. I'd rather have peace of mind and buy retail than try to find a bargain and always wonder if it is authentic.

Yes I am absolutely positive it is authentic. She is the wife of a close dealer/friend of ours. She has contacts with Neimans and other stores where she gets bags at 50% off. I just found out today that she does this so I contacted her immediately. She is sending me the Paddy fedex overnight to check out and then I can decide. I will post pics when I get it.

giggles178 said:
Yes I am absolutely positive it is authentic. She is the wife of a close dealer/friend of ours. She has contacts with Neimans and other stores where she gets bags at 50% off. I just found out today that she does this so I contacted her immediately. She is sending me the Paddy fedex overnight to check out and then I can decide. I will post pics when I get it.

On current season bags? How on earth does she manage that? :huh: I would find it hard enough to believe that she could get 50% off in one store; but in several?! :hrmm:

I'm 100% with roey on this, very soon you will be able to get 50% off a Paddy in the sales. I would definitely wait until then, if I were you.

Neiman Marcus in Boca Raton, FL has Paddys...It's the newer greyish blue color (not the Jean Moyer, but almost greener:smile: if that makes sense...with the silver/ pewter hardware...down to $897....brand new! Really Pretty bag!

:sick: Yikes...sorry...the Paddy was $1078...the Silverado Chocolate Hobo was $897! Sorry about that mistake...the sales are CRAZY...can't keep my phones from ringing!!!!:shocked:

Ok here are the pics I just took. I love the bag. Let me know if you guys want other photos. I wasn't sure what to take pics of. The lighting was kind of bad so let me know what you think. :yes:

Attachments

• Chloe.jpg
    Chloe.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Chloe1.jpg
    Chloe1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Chloe2.jpg
    Chloe2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Chloe3.jpg
    Chloe3.jpg