Question About Re-Stretching of Shoes

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I have these YSL strappy heels which I totally love for summer. The problem is that when I tried them on this weekends, one of feet must have widened or something, because it no longer goes in the shoe at all! I think the wide strap that crosses the foot would have to be stretched about 1/4 inch. The problem is I already stretched these once when I bought them. Do you think it's possible 1)to stretch them that much? 1/4" seems a lot and 2)to stretch them again when they've already been stretched once? Just how much CAN shoes be stretched?

2. I was told by a lady in a formal gallery gown boutique that to stretch heels you need to let a man wear them for a while. Now the hard part is talking one into it.....

3. Ha! Maybe size 8 or 9. Mine are 6--I don't know any guys who could fit into them!

4. Lol!

5. Don't you think they might soften a bit if you wear them regularely around the house for a while? Maybe they are just stiff from sitting in your closet since last summer - if you had them stretched then, they might have lost some of the width during winter. I have never heard of feet getting wider - it must be the shoes...

6. you can ask to re-stretch them... ask the pros they know! I've done it before on my own shoes... its worth a try

7. if your husband/boyfriend/boy friend has a similar shoe size to yours, get their shoe tree and put it in your shoe over night - you may have to repeat for a few nights - but it general works great and stretches them slowly as not to leave marks :smile:

8. why don't you just take it to a shoemaker- they will professionally stretch the shoes the way you want.
    I have a pair of MJ's on the stretcher at my shoemaker right now!:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice