Question about rain

Greentea said:
The Longchamp Les Pliages is a perfect companion. If you have the large size, you may be able to fold it up inside your Kelly, Then, if it rains, unfold it and put Mizz Kelly inside of IT!

That is a great idea, thank you Greentea. Thank you all for your helpful advice, I love this forum. :flowers:

oh my god, bagaholic with her bag under her skirt is... pretty damn funny. thank you for that image. i have clemence, it's been in rain, snow, etc. zero problem. but a kelly is a kelly. if it rains though, you just hold it close, keep your umbrella open and protect your treasure. these bags are gems, but ones that are meant to be enjoyed. :smile:

Personally I would not worrry about togo at all. It will shed those little drops easily. NYC is the place to carry your Hermes !

I do carry and use the raincoats in all my bags, just for that extra peace of mind. I think they are cute too !

BTW, NYC looks clear all weekend now.

Hermeslady....I love your avatar! Is that your kitty sitting in your Birkin???? Even as big of a kitty lover as I am, I might have a heart attack if my Leonardo ever hopped into my Kelly like he owned it.....:amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

I think togo should be fine. I'm here in Düsseldorf, Germany with my chevre Kelly and it's raining like crazy for the past 3 days now. I've used the raincoat sometimes. Other times, raindrops fall on my bag but it is perfectly fine. I gently wipe the raindrops with a soft tissue and no harm done. I was at Hermès and the SAs there said that my chevre leather is perfect for the rainy weather as chevre is very durable.

Dianagrace - bring it with you. These beauties are meant to be used, not stored at home, gathering dust.;) But definitely bring a Longchamp Les Pliages. Great idea that I should start following cuz lately I've been resembling Baggaholic! The only difference is that I tuck my "baby" under my coat so I look preggy whenever there's a downpour.:roflmfao:

Baggaholic, I have many stories like yours, running under the rain, getting completely soaked but protecting my bag at all costs! :biggrin:

Greentea, I think your idea to carry a pliage by longchamp is brilliant: they weigh next to nothing and make a good cover-up for our precious babies.

My Black togo Birkin being the 40 cm one, it has had to suffer the Brussels showers several times but never suffered from it. I would just wipe it dry, close it properly, stuffed with cotton clothes and allow to dry away from any heat source. That leather is really amazing. But maybe the reason it can afford being treated that way is because it is black.

I have never used the raincoat, and would certainly never allow rain to get in contact with my vintage box Kelly. No way!

Well, I am happy to report it did not rain once while I was in New York. Kelly bag went everywhere. Our first stop on Saturday was Hermes. There was such a wonderful selection of bags. I wish my store had as good a selection. (I see the inventory list has already been posted so I won't repeat it.) I loved the Indigo Vibrato Kelly and they had a Rouge H Plume that I was tempted to ask to see but I might have bought it (and I don't have the funds right now) so I didn't ask. I forgot the name of the SA that helped me but she was so nice. I saw the Paris Bombay for the first time IRL, a beautiful bag but I realized that it was not for me so I can cross that of my wish list. I did buy a Les Triplets pouchette in blue and a red Passage a Paris scarf.

I do have to share a my mother's reaction to my bag. I was a little afraid she was going to say something to me about the bag being so expensive but instead she smiled when she saw it and asked "Is it really a Kelly?" "Can I hold it?" "Can I open it?" "Was it hard to get?" She was really impressed with the quality and just how pretty it was. After inspecting it she said she now understood why they were so expensive. On Sunday my mom wanted to take one of those hop-on-hop-off buses dowtown and see some of the city. I went with her and took my Kelly, she looked at me kind of funny and said "You're not taking that with you?" but I was not about to leave Kelly behind. We went on a cruise to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island and several women on the cruise commented on my bag. My mom has decided she needs one now too.

Diana - lovely report! I'm glad the Kelly served you well in NYC - it really is a great travel bag with the option of the strap!

The red Passage scarf is my current favorite and my next purchase - gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad that it didn't rain and you seemed to have had a grand time in the Big Apple!

As Greentea said, the straps on the Kelly are very useful when travelling.

Beautiful, beautiful story, Dianagrace! It's so nice that you could share a wonderful holiday like that with your mother. Mine passed away one year ago and I still miss her...and wish we could have shared such a nice experience as you just did with yours. Let's see if we can put our heads together and find Mom her own Kelly!