question about quilting on new classic flaps

gratefull

Jan 8, 2010
Hi beautiful ladies,

Can you help me? I'm about to get one of my HG's (ooooh) -
a black lambskin m/l classic flap with GHW. I have been waiting.

Ever since I first laid eyes on one it was true true love. I thought of getting a preowned one, but then, no, I wanted her to be *perfect*.
Anything else, I wouldn't mind preowned.

So I dutifully got on the wait lists, and lo and behold, I got the call! I could hardly wait to see her. I longed to admire her scratchless lambskin from the factory, and her abundantly puffy quilting. (my fave). Beautiful lustre, and shiny gold HW.

Anyway, went down to the store, and finally saw her. She hadn't even been unwrapped yet by anyone. To my surprise, her quilting on the front was pretty flat! This was one of the things I was waiting for!

Ok, I know I'm being obsessive here...:P but don't the new lamb m/l flaps have puffy quilting on the front? Considerably more than the bigger bags? Or is it just me? Maybe the first one I saw was an exception.

I know it might sound silly but I really wanted that. The SA's acted like hey whatever, it's new.

Input please? Thanks for reading - kinda long.

Ok, if you don't love it at first sight, don't get it! All Chanel bags are not identical as it is handmade. I suggest that you wait till you find THE ONE. But if you can accept that the quilting on it isn't as puffy as you would like it to be, then go ahead :smile:

thanks!
Do you think any of them are puffy? Am I just imagining things?

Also, I don't want the SA's to think I'm someone that will never be pleased, and write me off, KWIM?

I guess I could get on the waitlist again, though, if I had to....
it really is one of my HG's

other than that, she is perfect

Honestly I am not too sure about the quilting on m/l lambskin vs jumbo lambskin. You will need to ask the lambskin girls! BUT, although the quilting should be puffy, I don't think it would be puffier than the larger sizes as the quilting is smaller. So logically speaking it would be puffy, but not puffier than the larger sizes. If you really think that the quilting has deflated (maybe from improper storage?), you should wait for another one!! Awh.. I know what you mean about not wanting your SA to write you off, but in the end you have to be happy with it! I actually went through 6 bags before I selected my black caviar m/l ghw! heheheheh So I know where you are coming from!

thanks jaded! You are so sweet!

Wow...6? Ok, so now I don't feel bad! That's funny. But hey, if that's what if took, then, ok! :smile:
And yes, I do have another SA at a different store. I guess I could use her to find one..I didn't realize the purses could look that different, geez. I never bought from this particular store before, they don't know me, but my other SA knows I will really buy a bag, not just only look...

I know what you mean about going through more than one! I got a maxi lamb before, and when I got home, I could see there were two different shades of color on top and halfway below. So my SA said, I'll get another and you can compare. (Hey they are upwards of $3000, you know?) So I got the new one and saw that the color was uniform. But then when I got home, I saw that this one was much darker than the other, and I liked the shade on the first one better. But geez, I didn't want to ask for a third!! So I just kept it. But the shade always has bugged me. It was so much darker and I wouldnt have ever bought it if I had first seen that one. So I know what you mean.

Geez I'm getting kinda wordy here. :smile:

Yeap! The Assistant manager took out one bag after another and I carefully inspected each bag until I finally found one I was happy with! Which was the 5th bag I think! LOL I felt really bad for doing that, but as my SO pointed out, I should feel happy about my purchase because it is an expensive item! Hhahaha yea I am THAT particular about my bags!!

I know what you mean about shades. I guess it is because each piece of leather takes the dye differently!

So yes, wait for the perfect bag! :smile:

For the m/l and small caviar flaps (not sure about lamb), the leather on the chain strap is often not stitched on and made from sections of leather. Often times the bits of leather start to peel. Also, make sure that the ends of the leather of the chain strap is stitched on properly (this includes jumbo).

just wondering, Jaded81, what was wrong with the other bags? just so i will know what to look out for ;)

If you like your caviar flap to be a little glossy looking, check to see that the glaze covers most of the pebble.. if not the bag would have a matte appearance. If you like the matte appearance, then there is no issue there.

In addition, for lambskin flaps you should probably check if the stitches on the bag has unusually big holes. Apparently this can happen to lambskin flaps.

Now I'm thinking today,

maybe I might just buy one from a reseller. I could save a lot of money.

This whole perfection thing is too much. With the price of the new bags, I'd be happy paying used prices and getting a good bag.
And if I regretted it down the line, I could always resell it too. I can see the classics hold their value very well!

I think that's smart.. I'd be more willing to overlook "flaws" if I buy a used bag.. because I am paying a "used" price

be sure to get it authenticated first though! lots of fakes running around :smile: