Question about phone store order... help please...

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
just ordered something directly from a Coach Store in San Diego, and they said that they either ship to my billing address or coach store, but since my billing address is a PO BOX (fedex dosen't do po boxes) they'd have to ship it to my store and can't ship to my home???? Does that sound off??? I've never heard that before, but then again i've never made a phone order before either... It's not JAX, it's a store in CA... any experiences with that?

ameka

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
Canada.
As long as store can verify your billing information with the credit card company, they should be able to ship to any physical address, just not to a PO box.

ms-whitney

shopaholic
Sep 6, 2006
thats not 100% true

some sales associates do not like to ship anywhere but the billing address, to cover for credit/mail frauds

there is a way to verify and do another address i believe, ask to see if you can get around it, usually if the dollar amount is under xxx it should be okay.

ms-whitney

shopaholic
Sep 6, 2006
i dunno
personally i think that if someone got ahold of your credit card numbers, address isn't that far behind.

its always safer to ship it to the billing then anywhere else, unless its a PO box that is billing, then something may be done, e.g. ship to the store to pick up.

course, i'm the type that doesn't sign my cc and have please check id on the back, etc etc. super cautious. :P

Elle oh Elle

Mar 22, 2010
For phone orders you can take the billing address and a "mail to" address. The only thing I can think of is they were worried about fraud.

You might want to give the store a call back and talk to a manager about your concerns and your experience.