Question about Paypal???

Jul 30, 2006
Ok so I sold something on ebay and (typical) paypal placed a hold on the funds until I ship the item and they confirm the delivery.

Anyway,

the buyer has zero feedback and in paypal next to the payment it says The sender of this payment is Unregistered. What does that mean? Paypal said I should send the item but I am leery? It is a pair of CL shoes by the way.

Thanks! :flowers:

I have no clue, but have had people tell me that they PAY w/ PP, but do NOT have a PP account.. and I can find ZERO info as to HOW this is done on the PP website... so I hope someone else has a clue....

Does your auction state that buyer must have a PP account?

And did you talk to a live human at PP about this to make sure that you have SELLER protection if you do this?? Seems kinda odd, does it not?

it does seem odd ... I guess I will have to contact paypal ... they never seem to help me very much though ..

I accept payment through paypal but i don't require people to have a paypal account ... i never though you could pay through paypal unless you have an account ... ugh.

it does seem odd ... I guess I will have to contact paypal ... they never seem to help me very much though ..

I accept payment through paypal but i don't require people to have a paypal account ... i never though you could pay through paypal unless you have an account ... ugh.

Yeah.. I know.. it was news to me too. And then I thought.. OK, if you can pay PP w/out having a PP account, what is the great bonus to having a PP account in the first place??

yep the buyer is still registered with ebay and sent me a message alerting me she bought the item and if i could apply sig. confirmation (which i would anyway) ... because she lives in an apt. and didn't want them to get lost

it probably means that if they have a paypal account it is not Confirmed. (in other words it could be Unverified?)

they have to make sure they confirm their paypal account, link their paypal account to their ebay account, and all of that stuff. I've found that if you do everything the right way paypal can be really easy but if you don't know what you're doing it can also be really hard.

yep the buyer is still registered with ebay and sent me a message alerting me she bought the item and if i could apply sig. confirmation (which i would anyway) ... because she lives in an apt. and didn't want them to get lost

Seems strange why the buyer is showing as unregistered, never heard of that before.
Please do let us know what Paypal says!

ok so I called and she looked at my account and verified that the address is confirmed by the buyer and everything is ok to go.

but yes you can pay through paypal w/out because registered..

thanks ellie mae for the links!

ok so I called and she looked at my account and verified that the address is confirmed by the buyer and everything is ok to go.

but yes you can pay through paypal w/out because registered..

thanks ellie mae for the links!

Unbelievable! Well, I am going to have to call PP someday and find out HOW this is done, as I had a buyer who wanted to buy a bag I had for sale. She does not have a PP account, thought she could just pay w/ CC, and we COULD NOT make it work.

And I'd be interested to hear what's the great benefit of having a PP account. Perhaps there is no buyer protection if one does not have an account...??

Good luck, darlin...