Question about Paypal Dispute - Item Not Received

slsk

pastry chef / sniper
O.G.
Apr 2, 2006
I shipped an item (BNWT Bag) parcel post w/ delivery confirmation last Monday. The tracking number shows that it got there on Friday, but USPS left a notice for her. The tracking page says she has to go to the PO to pick it up. She filed a "dispute" with Paypal last night (Sunday night at 10pm) saying item not received and that the slip "disappeared" from her door and the item was not left for her.

I respond this morning with the tracking number, and asking her to take down the dispute because it has nothing to do with me if USPS is asking her to go to the PO.

My question: how do I get PP to "resolve" this "dispute"? Or does she have to let it go at this point?

Tell her she can take the tracking number and her ID to her PO and claim the package, she doesn't need the slip if she has both. I'm not entirely sure how paypal will rule on this but I'd think it would side the seller since the tracking number showed it attempted the delivery

A similar thing happened to me. I shipped a bag UPS ground with signature required. Stupid driver left the package at the front door. Exactly one week later, buyer claims she never received the package although since I sent her the tracking number she should have realized much earlier the package was missing. She is trying to rip me off. Even though the sale was eligible for seller protection on paypal, paypal says that without delivery signature, they have to take the buyers word - the dispute is still pending but I am not hopeful. Luckily I had a bad feeling about this transaction and insured the package with UPS and I think they are going to pay. I will be out about $150 but its better than being out $1149.