Question about Paypal confirmation and USPS flat rate box size.

Cecilia2

O.G.
Mar 26, 2007
I just sold an item with Buy it Now. The auction offers shipping by Medium Flat Rate Box. The buyer paid, and the Paypal confirmation of their payment says: Large Flat Rate Box. I'm confused. Is this one of those Paypal glitches? Should I be concerned or email the buyer to clarify?

Doesn't sound like a major issue to me. If the item fits in a medium flat rate box, use that. As long as you didn't overcharge for shipping and charge for the large box price, you'll be fine.

Doesn't sound like a major issue to me. If the item fits in a medium flat rate box, use that. As long as you didn't overcharge for shipping and charge for the large box price, you'll be fine.

Thanks LabelLover81! I charged the buyer for medium, and that is what is listed in the auction. I just hope they read the auction details, and don't use the Paypal confirmation for shipping info.

It can be changed even if you purchase eBay's shipping labels through eBay. I advise to use the cheaper of the two, Priority Flat Rate or regular Priority by weight, and refund the buyer the difference if it is a significant overcharge (usually anything greater than $1). It makes no difference in shipping time between the two. Be aware that some buyers will complain about the cost of the flat rate priority even though it is cheaper than Priority by weight. Thus, First Class and Parcel Post with delivery confirmation are also viable options to be considered, depending upon the weight/value/delivery need date/destination of the item.

Thanks Everyone! I think this is one of those Paypal idiosyncrasies I've heard so much about. I'm a new seller, and I guess I'll have to learn by experience. Paypal definitely has some oddities that seem to defy logic.