Question about opening/closing the SMALL love cartier bracelet

View attachment 4539385 excuse the marks and all, it's in the morning, always leaves indentation marks after sleeping on them.:smile:
Lots of micro scratches but still look shiny, I think. I'm waiting for them to develop that lovely patina though...
Thanks for posting. Your bracelet also looks to be in quite pristine condition as well. After seeing yours and xsouzie's pic, I will start to wear mine 24/7.

Reactions: ThingsThatILove
I bought mine about 3 months ago and have been wearing in 24/7, with the exception of taking it off for a surgery and a couple of times when passing through the security at the airport (don’t know if it’s needed, though).

I still need to pull quite a bit to open it, but haven’t ever needed to use the amount of force that you describe. I’m also curious of the «knob» you mention that you have to pull/push, as there is no such thing on these bracelets..? Do you mean the screw?

What does it look like when it develops the patina? Sorry for my ignorance!
It's my only Cartier jewellery so I don't have much knowledge but when I was reading threads here, lots of people mentioned about 'patina'.
I understood that through years of wearing, the surface of bracelets will get scratched and oxidised. The colour of the metals get deeper( darker) and instead of a brand new mirror shine, they will develop a softer glow.
Sorry for my English, Hope I got it right...:smile:

Reactions: Susimoo and XCCX
It's my only Cartier jewellery so I don't have much knowledge but when I was reading threads here, lots of people mentioned about 'patina'.
I understood that through years of wearing, the surface of bracelets will get scratched and oxidised. The colour of the metals get deeper( darker) and instead of a brand new mirror shine, they will develop a softer glow.

Thank you so much!

What a beautiful description of patina! :flowers:

I just got my small love and it opens easy without any extra force. Depending on what side/position you are looking at; you can either press down on the screw side and pull apart or lift up the part without the screw and pull apart. Just wanted to add this for anyone who’s interested.

I have another question for all of you with small love bracelets. Hope you can chime in.

When the snap mechanism is closed and the screw is locked in lock position, is there a slight movement/click metal sound when you tap the bracelet from both sides or if you try to pull both sides slightly apart when the bracelet is locked? In other words, is it shut/closed tightly or since its a snap lock mechanism there’s some tiny wiggle room when you try slightly to pull it apart or tap it from both sides?

I just got my small love and the closure isn’t super tight, there’s some slight click sound when I do what I described above.

Would appreciate your input on how your loves are. Thank you!

I just got my small love and it opens easy without any extra force. Depending on what side/position you are looking at; you can either press down on the screw side and pull apart or lift up the part without the screw and pull apart. Just wanted to add this for anyone who’s interested.

I have another question for all of you with small love bracelets. Hope you can chime in.

When the snap mechanism is closed and the screw is locked in lock position, is there a slight movement/click metal sound when you tap the bracelet from both sides or if you try to pull both sides slightly apart when the bracelet is locked? In other words, is it shut/closed tightly or since its a snap lock mechanism there’s some tiny wiggle room when you try slightly to pull it apart or tap it from both sides?

I just got my small love and the closure isn’t super tight, there’s some slight click sound when I do what I described above.

Would appreciate your input on how your loves are. Thank you!

Hey there, mine always needs the screw to be ‘unlocked’ to open but yes when it is in the ‘locked’ position there is slight movement between the two halves if I pull on it and it makes a little clicking/tapping noise. I think other people have said the same in another thread previously. I’ve had mine for 2.5 years and no problems with it!

Hey there, mine always needs the screw to be ‘unlocked’ to open but yes when it is in the ‘locked’ position there is slight movement between the two halves if I pull on it and it makes a little clicking/tapping noise. I think other people have said the same in another thread previously. I’ve had mine for 2.5 years and no problems with it!

Thank you for letting me know, rakhee81.
That gives me a peace of mind, I was a bit worried, I must admit.

Do you wear your small love 24/7 or do you take it off daily?

Has this slight movement between the two halves bothered you at the beginning?

Thank you for letting me know, rakhee81.
That gives me a peace of mind, I was a bit worried, I must admit.

Do you wear your small love 24/7 or do you take it off daily?

Has this slight movement between the two halves bothered you at the beginning?

It did bother me at the beginning but now I don’t event think about it. I wear mine almost every day and to sleep and shower but I have to take it on and off for work 4 days of the week and it’s holding up fine

Reactions: ehy210