Question about older style faridah

christij

O.G.
Aug 2, 2008
I'd normally just search for an answer to this but since the search is down... :confused1:

With the older Softy Faridah bags, does anyone know if the two front pockets have a snap style closure, or if you actually have to unbuckle to open them. This would be the type of bag I'm curious about...
_5555958.jpg

I love this style, but I'm curious how practical those front pockets are. Thank you SO much.

Awesome, thanks so much! Buckling would just further add to my flustered mom who can't find her ringing cell phone persona I've worked oh so hard to cultivate...

I had this faridah in cream and it is such awesome leather! Those pockets are awesome too - great place for a cell phone and super easy to access.

:crybaby:Dang. Within a minute or two of getting a chocolate brown faridah authenticated, it was gone. So mad I just didn't hit the BIN sooner - after researching this bag more I decided I love it even more then my newer faridah. I saw someone carrying a chalk one the other day and it was just stunning. And pockets galore, how I love pockets! LOL. Oh well, chocolate faridah, I'll be looking (and longing) for you...

^^ Its ok! Better safe than sorry :yes: You'll find another Faridah you love in no time! Just hang out here enough and it'll happen ;)

I know, I'm just so bummed - got the authentication and popped right over to put that live.com discount to work, and poof - gone. Quite clearly one of those bags I didn't realize how much I wanted until she was gone. Now must resist buying a chalk one - I need brown, I need brown (must keep repeating to avoid impulse buy, LOL).

Is this the one you were looking for? I found it on Ebay.
**I haven't had this authenticated, just wanted to let you know it was out there as a possibility**
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Chocolate-Softy-Faridah-Hobo-NR_W0QQitemZ220288583647QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220288583647&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

:smile: Thank you so much, it's SO sweet of you to pass that on. I think I would be better off with the style that has the two zipper pockets on the front (in addition to the buckle pockets). It's so crazy, but I LOVE that compartment on my faridah - it's perfect for keys, phone and camera - all safely tucked away but I can pull them out easily without even a look.

But that bag is tempting...

there is also a chalk faridah with the two zipper pockets on ebay right now too. the starting price is ridiculously low as well. i would post the link, but ebay is bl0cked where i am right now.

there is also a chalk faridah with the two zipper pockets on ebay right now too. the starting price is ridiculously low as well. i would post the link, but ebay is bl0cked where i am right now.

I know... I keep looking at it :drool:. I'm just so afraid I would stain it or ruin it. I've read about colors tranfsering onto bags, and since I live in jeans, I worry if a white bag would slowly turn blue. Still kicking myself for not grabbing the brown one quick enough, LOL.

I had the one w. the 2 zippers on the front and it's pretty heavy. Just a note. However, the softy style is PERFECT for me in terms of weight and size.

Thank you - good point! Do you happen to know how heavy it is compared to the current faridah? I love big bags, and I find that if I have one thick strap then I can manage the weight. It looked like the one brown faridah on ebay right now has the more rolled style strap, and I don't know if I could do that plus a heavy bag. Ah, indecision!

uhoh christij I want a brown faridah as well. hopefully we won't butt heads! luckily i am looking for a brown or poppy one in the "softy" version, not the one you missed out on. good luck with your search!