Question about older style faridah

christij

Aug 2, 2008
I'd normally just search for an answer to this but since the search is down... :confused1:

With the older Softy Faridah bags, does anyone know if the two front pockets have a snap style closure, or if you actually have to unbuckle to open them. This would be the type of bag I'm curious about...
_5555958.jpg

I love this style, but I'm curious how practical those front pockets are. Thank you SO much.

christij

Aug 2, 2008
:crybaby:Dang. Within a minute or two of getting a chocolate brown faridah authenticated, it was gone. So mad I just didn't hit the BIN sooner - after researching this bag more I decided I love it even more then my newer faridah. I saw someone carrying a chalk one the other day and it was just stunning. And pockets galore, how I love pockets! LOL. Oh well, chocolate faridah, I'll be looking (and longing) for you...

christij

Aug 2, 2008
^^ Its ok! Better safe than sorry :yes: You'll find another Faridah you love in no time! Just hang out here enough and it'll happen ;)

I know, I'm just so bummed - got the authentication and popped right over to put that live.com discount to work, and poof - gone. Quite clearly one of those bags I didn't realize how much I wanted until she was gone. Now must resist buying a chalk one - I need brown, I need brown (must keep repeating to avoid impulse buy, LOL).

christij

Aug 2, 2008
Is this the one you were looking for? I found it on Ebay.
**I haven't had this authenticated, just wanted to let you know it was out there as a possibility**
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marc-by-Marc-Jacobs-Chocolate-Softy-Faridah-Hobo-NR_W0QQitemZ220288583647QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220288583647&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

:smile: Thank you so much, it's SO sweet of you to pass that on. I think I would be better off with the style that has the two zipper pockets on the front (in addition to the buckle pockets). It's so crazy, but I LOVE that compartment on my faridah - it's perfect for keys, phone and camera - all safely tucked away but I can pull them out easily without even a look.

But that bag is tempting...

christij

Aug 2, 2008
there is also a chalk faridah with the two zipper pockets on ebay right now too. the starting price is ridiculously low as well. i would post the link, but ebay is bl0cked where i am right now.

I know... I keep looking at it :drool:. I'm just so afraid I would stain it or ruin it. I've read about colors tranfsering onto bags, and since I live in jeans, I worry if a white bag would slowly turn blue. Still kicking myself for not grabbing the brown one quick enough, LOL.

christij

Aug 2, 2008
I had the one w. the 2 zippers on the front and it's pretty heavy. Just a note. However, the softy style is PERFECT for me in terms of weight and size.

Thank you - good point! Do you happen to know how heavy it is compared to the current faridah? I love big bags, and I find that if I have one thick strap then I can manage the weight. It looked like the one brown faridah on ebay right now has the more rolled style strap, and I don't know if I could do that plus a heavy bag. Ah, indecision!