Question about Notification Emails

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
Forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere else... for some reason I am no longer getting notification emails about responses to threads I have subscribed to or about PMs I have received. I know it was working before, because I used to get an email whenever I had a new PM. But I noticed in the last couple of weeks I am no longer receiving them. I check my email account and I'm not blocking them, and I have my spam setting set on low.

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? Is this a known problem that I just missed the thread about? Thanks!! :smile:

Thanks Vlad! It happened again today... I use Hotmail, and I didn't get a notification that I had a new PM waiting here for me. Sometimes Hotmail has its problems, but it used to work, and I'm still getting my notifications from EZ board and Ebay, so who knows... could definitely be a Hotmail glitch as well.

caannie said:
Now it's stopped working again! :crybaby:

(don't shoot me!!) I wish I knew what was up with my email! :shrugs:

From everyone I know that uses Hotmail, the answer is "Hotmail is the pits."

Several former Hotmail users I know switched to Yahoo mail, which is not without problems itself, but apparently it's more reliable than Hotmail. I've used AOL for my mail since 1994, so I'm happy with that. Now that AOL is free, you might think about them as well.

I use IE and a msn.com e-mail and I'm only getting the notifications randomly.

Oddly, I still get every reported Post, but not all PM notices.:shrugs:

^^^Well, almost everything is running smoothly. See what's happening when you quote someone? It's putting in a series of numbers and if you don't delete them, you get that View Post with a red X in the middle. Very annoying.:Push: