Question about new vs old chain strap on stam

Mrs. MC

Dec 4, 2007
So I went to Nordstrom and tried on the black leather quilted Stam that I am wanting. I was surprised to see a strap peice in the middle of the chain strap. It this a good feature or bad feature ? My instinct says that maybe it is more comfortable and stays on the shoulder better but not as aestheticallly as nice ? Thanks for the info

I think most of us agree that the leather shoulder pad was a POSITIVE addition to the stam. I have owned both -- the full chain and partial chain/leather strap - and while the full chain never bothered me or gave me a problem, I do think the leather shoulder pad makes carrying the stam so much easier!! Especially if you like to go bare shouldered in the summer!

I agree that the addition of the leather piece on the chain is positive, if your concern is comfort. I never have had a problem with the original strap. I prefer the look of the chain strap without the additional piece, but I think for most wearers, the all-chain strap is less comfortable. Either way, I think the Stam looks great and you can't go wrong with whichever you choose.

I like the strap both ways, IMO, the addition of the leather piece on the chain strap doesn't deter from the look of the chain. I would imagine that comfort wise, the leather piece makes it better.....I find that I never carry my stam (regular, non leather piece chain) by the chain anyway, so for me it's not an issue. If you plan carry the stam by the chain strap, I think you should go for one with the leather as I would imagine it would be more comfortable.

Like others said above, I never had a problem with the original strap to begin with (but many have). I don't think it takes away from the look at all. I didn't even notice my new stam had a leather piece until someone pointed it out! Comfort-wise, I don't notice a difference, but like iluv said, it will probably make a difference when i'm wearing it in the summer.

i dunno. i sort of agree with the op. it doesn't makes the stam look worse or anything, but i think the full chain is prettier. then again, i don't carry the stam much by the chain strap and when i do, i never found it to be painful.

I really like the look of the all chain strap, but I to have never had a probem with the chain and tend to carry it that way most of the time.
Even with my hobo stam, I love the chain on it, so big and clunky and gold! however, I don't think the leather detracts from it either so just depends on what's the most comfy for you and what look you prefer. either way they are just the best!

My stam is a black PW one. I guess it is from 2007? I dunno when those came out.
it should be within the 24 months covered period. I don't know if they will do it, but it certainly couldn't hurt to ask. You should send Diego an email and see if you can get a chain with the leather should pad (maybe they can add it to your existing chain)