Question about my recent Chanel purchase

hanana

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
A couple of months ago, I posted a thread asking about two Chanel bags I was considering. Neither were perfect, but in my price range. The consensus on TPF was that I should save and wait rather than impulsively buy a bag I did not love. I am so glad I listened to the wise TPFers because I just bought a bag that I love! I purchased it on ebay (authenticated by caroldiva), and just received it today.

I love the bag, however just had a few questions I'm hoping can be answered here. The bag was listed as a classic flap, but it has a mademoiselle lock and chain. I thought mademoiselle lock and chain were for reissues. Is this an example of a hybrid? What is the official name of this bag (if there is one)? I will post some photos (from the auction). This is my first flap, so I am very excited :yahoo:! Also, does anyone know what year this bag is from? Thank you!

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 80
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 54
  • innerflap.JPG
    innerflap.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 61
  • lock.JPG
    lock.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 47
  • bottom.JPG
    bottom.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 46
Congratulations !!!
This purse was a 5 series serial number, so according to TPF, it was around 97"-99":
5XXXXXX series - 1997 to 1999
Great price! Even better purse! :smile: It's lovely and looks to be in wonderful condition. Congrats and enjoy your first Chanel:smile:

Can I just say that I was not aware that Chanel made 2.55 in the 90s. Yes, they did make bags using the mademoiselle locks but this is the first time I saw a 2.55 made in the 90's.

Learn something new everyday.

Thank you so much everyone! I knew I would find the answers here :biggrin:
I am so glad I waited for this bag. It is in great shape (I can't believe it's 10 years old!) and the leather is so amazingly soft. I wasn't sure about the gold hardware until I saw it in person, just gorgeous!