Question about my new Selma

barskin

Lt. Colonel on Vogon Destructor Fleet
O.G.
Dec 19, 2013
II do not have an extensive MK collection; this one is only my third. So, I will ask you here, who are the experts. I was in the neighborhood of Lord & Taylor today (I am frequently in the neighborhood, because I live nearby). It is a block away from the finish line of the Boston Marathon, so the area was bustling with activity. I looked in the now tiny 60% off section in handbags, and I found that this beautiful large Selma had ended up here. I also could use a 25% off Friends and Family coupon. Final price, $114, thank you very much. Anyway, my question is, what do they call it. It’s a patent leather with a texture like LV Epi leather. As a matter of fact, LV would call it Electric Noir Epi. Do you know what MK calls this kind of leather? I cannot tell you how much I looooove this handbag. She’s a beauty.

SelmaBlack2.jpg

II do not have an extensive MK collection; this one is only my third. So, I will ask you here, who are the experts. I was in the neighborhood of Lord & Taylor today (I am frequently in the neighborhood, because I live nearby). It is a block away from the finish line of the Boston Marathon, so the area was bustling with activity. I looked in the now tiny 60% off section in handbags, and I found that this beautiful large Selma had ended up here. I also could use a 25% off Friends and Family coupon. Final price, $114, thank you very much. Anyway, my question is, what do they call it. It’s a patent leather with a texture like LV Epi leather. As a matter of fact, LV would call it Electric Noir Epi. Do you know what MK calls this kind of leather? I cannot tell you how much I looooove this handbag. She’s a beauty.

SelmaBlack2.jpg
This is the patent leather version of the Selma. Great deal! Are you sure it's the large and not the medium? If it's the large, that's a steal!

Thanks all. I absolutely love it, and now I know how lucky I am. But the texture is like epi leather. Do they call it anything other than just patent leather (just out of curiosity)?