Question about my new mini lamb.... Please help!

Lucyd024

May 4, 2014
Hi everybody!

I was able to purchase a black mini lamb with brushed GHW thanks to the help of missTeresaDee :hugs:

I am totally in love with the bag but I think I might've found a slight flaw. I was scanning along the chain and found what I thought was a slit in the strap.. but it turned out to be a very thin layer of leather that did not seal completely. I don't know how else to describe it. I don't understand why there is what seems to be a new layer of leather in the middle of the chain? My husband didn't think it was a big deal and when I showed him the strap, he flicked the edge with his finger and now I feel like it frayed up even more. :mad:

I'm really disappointed and kinda in denial that this may be a reason to return the bag but I wanted to know what you guys thought. I feel very appreciative that I was given the opportunity to purchase this mini and I really don't want to return it.... I'm just scared that the strap may rip or the piece will come apart over time? I bought it from Saks so I don't know if they would be able to repair it. Is there a sealant that I could use? I have a very strong urge to glue it!! :cry:

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 494
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 491
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 488
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 490
I had the same problem when I got my mini. I contacted the SA and she said it's normal. I think if it bothers you, then have the SA send it away for repair. They should be able to glue it back, but I wouldn't do it myself.

Thanks so much for your reply! Did you send yours back for repair?? Now that I have the bag, I don't want to send it away :sad: Plus, I assume I'd have to go back to Saks and the only Saks that has a Chanel boutique is a bit far from me (this mini was shipped to me from another state). I'm debating if I should just keep the bag as is and repair it only once the piece frays out even more.

Hi everybody!

I was able to purchase a black mini lamb with brushed GHW thanks to the help of missTeresaDee :hugs:

I am totally in love with the bag but I think I might've found a slight flaw. I was scanning along the chain and found what I thought was a slit in the strap.. but it turned out to be a very thin layer of leather that did not seal completely. I don't know how else to describe it. I don't understand why there is what seems to be a new layer of leather in the middle of the chain? My husband didn't think it was a big deal and when I showed him the strap, he flicked the edge with his finger and now I feel like it frayed up even more. :mad:

I'm really disappointed and kinda in denial that this may be a reason to return the bag but I wanted to know what you guys thought. I feel very appreciative that I was given the opportunity to purchase this mini and I really don't want to return it.... I'm just scared that the strap may rip or the piece will come apart over time? I bought it from Saks so I don't know if they would be able to repair it. Is there a sealant that I could use? I have a very strong urge to glue it!! :cry:

This is the normal end of the leather they use for the chain (they have to start and end it somewhere).

Attachments

• $$chains - Copy - Copy.jpg
    $$chains - Copy - Copy.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 276
This is the normal end of the leather they use for the chain (they have to start and end it somewhere).
Thank you everyone for your advice... This picture made me feel much better! I have other flaps and I've never noticed the straps being like this. I guess I've always assumed it was supposed to be one long continuous piece of leather. Compared to how I was when I bought my first Chanel, I've become more picky and paranoid lately so I spend a lot of time inspecting every bag I purchase. Drives me nuts :shocked: ... I wish I could just go back to being carefree when it comes to checking every detail.