Question about my new bag....

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
4,882
57
I received my beautiful Balenciaga today from SoCal today (thank you very much!). The bag is amazing and I really love it. However, I find that the shoulder strap is just a smidgen too short for me. Now I know very little about B-bags so I guess I should have done my research first. Is there a different B-bag that would be a better fit for me, or will I just get used to the strap? I believe I have the medium city (SoCal, please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks! ;)
 

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
8,184
13
Becca4277 said:
I received my beautiful Balenciaga today from SoCal today (thank you very much!). The bag is amazing and I really love it. However, I find that the shoulder strap is just a smidgen too short for me. Now I know very little about B-bags so I guess I should have done my research first. Is there a different B-bag that would be a better fit for me, or will I just get used to the strap? I believe I have the medium city (SoCal, please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks! ;)

Hmmm...the shoulder strap is great; but, the bag will still be high under your arm. I use the shoulder strap on my City and am very happy with it - I can also use it messenger style. I use the handles very rarely; this is probably because I have the ice blue City and am terrified of getting it dirty.
I think you will get used to it - most of us find the shoulder strap very comfy. Try it out for a few days, it will probaly feel awkward at first since you are not used to a bag being that high under your arm; but I bet in no time you will forget it is even there. :biggrin:

Congrats on your fabulous new b-bag.
 

addicted

O.G.
Jan 17, 2006
3,617
38
Loganz said:
Hmmm...the shoulder strap is great; but, the bag will still be high under your arm. I use the shoulder strap on my City and am very happy with it - I can also use it messenger style. I use the handles very rarely; this is probably because I have the ice blue City and am terrified of getting it dirty.
I think you will get used to it - most of us find the shoulder strap very comfy. Try it out for a few days, it will probaly feel awkward at first since you are not used to a bag being that high under your arm; but I bet in no time you will forget it is even there. :biggrin:

Congrats on your fabulous new b-bag.
Loganz - how do you fit the strap around you messenger style? It seems like a short strap for that?
 

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
4,882
57
Loganz said:
Hmmm...the shoulder strap is great; but, the bag will still be high under your arm. I use the shoulder strap on my City and am very happy with it - I can also use it messenger style.

.

Okay, we must have different bags. I just tried it on messenger style and let's just say it is not flattering. Please help the clueless; do I have a small city? Here is the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6854619086&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
 

Loganz

will work for shoes
O.G.
Dec 16, 2005
8,184
13
Becca4277 said:
Okay, we must have different bags. I just tried it on messenger style and let's just say it is not flattering. Please help the clueless; do I have a small city? Here is the link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6854619086&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

No, that is the medium city.

I am pretty narrow in the chest/rib cage; perhaps this is why I can wear it this way. (sorry, now I am kind of embaressed that I even posted this as an option to b-bag owners.) I promise, Becca - you will get used to the shoulder strap on your shoulder; it has become my favorite way to carry the City.
 
Jan 25, 2006
1,080
1
Becca4277 said:
I received my beautiful Balenciaga today from SoCal today (thank you very much!). The bag is amazing and I really love it. However, I find that the shoulder strap is just a smidgen too short for me. Now I know very little about B-bags so I guess I should have done my research first. Is there a different B-bag that would be a better fit for me, or will I just get used to the strap? I believe I have the medium city (SoCal, please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks! ;)

The hobo and the purse can be worn over the shoulder. The hobo holds more than the city, and despite the fact that the dimensions on the purse (length-wise and width-wise) are greater than those on the city, it holds less. There is also the work, the weekender and the shopper, but those bags are all slightly larger. You can get an idea of the sizes in the moto line here: http://ateliernaff.blogspot.com/2005/09/balenciaga-motorcycle-style-reference.html

Enjoy your new city!
 

murasaki

Balenciaga Forever
Jan 7, 2006
1,034
0
Do you use your city with the shoulder strap slung across the back or just on the shoulder? My bags always deform in a funny way.. it folds/droops badly in the middle when I hold it up by the shoulder strap even with my stuff in it. I'd love to use the strap more but I can't get over the sagging.
 

Kat

Member
Dec 13, 2005
8,160
12
My City bag I carry as a satchel. If you prefer a shoulder bag perhaps you would be interested in the Purse. Here is pic of one for your reference.
purse.jpg
 
Top