Question about Mushroom color

MichSalazar

Mar 4, 2008
Somewhere too cold!
For those of you who are luckly enough to have this color hippie - is the color more brownish tones or grayish tones. The one that sold on evil bay saturday looks gray, but the ones on coach website look more brownish. Which one is it? :confused1:

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
The 2 million dollar question, lol! I have a swingpack in mushroom and I think it's more brownish. But depending on what color it's next to, it can look more gray. I'm no help at all am I? :lol: It's a very unique color though, and definitely more versatile than a regular chocolate brown.

rockin77

Always Searching...
Jun 14, 2008
Coachland, USA
I don't have the hippie in mushroom, but have a couple of things and to me it is definitly more like a dark gray...I don't see any brown in the pieces I have.

ejoy43

Mmmm Coach *nom nom*
Jan 29, 2009
So Cal 562
It's exactly what you say it is, a brownish gray. Haha! The color is definitely brownish, but it can be mistaken for a grayish color.

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
I posted a very similar thread yesterday...trying to choose between mushroom and graphite. The overwhelming answer on my thread was graphite goes better with black than mushroom. I don't mix black and brown personally, but the other day I had a pair of black pants laying on the table by my mushroom swingpack and thought it looked very nice together. I think the color of the top is the make or break when it comes to this. Shoes-I think it would look fine with either, again, as long as the outfit as a whole matches.

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
OP-have you seen the color IRL before? It's definitely more gray than on the website. But it's definitely not as gray as the one that just sold on ebay. If it would help, I can try to take some pics of my swingpack against a black and brown pair of pants or something tomorrow after work.

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
I PM'd you some pics! I didn't want to clog up the thread for those who didn't care to see them. The mushroom hippie was on the website as of last night, but is gone today. It had been on the Japan site, but it won't load for me right now so I don't know if it still is or not. Good luck!

MichSalazar

Mar 4, 2008
Somewhere too cold!
I just called them and they said that they don't have any. WTF!!! Grrr... I should have bought it last night, but then again that might have been a mix up. Who knows. Thanks for the pics, I def want one now.

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
WOW, hmm! I don't know...It has been on Japan site for quite a while, then on U.S. site for just a few hours I think. Sometimes they have stuff available that are not on the website, like the graphite hippie. It's been available to order for a few weeks now I think, but it's yet to make an appearance on the website. The Japan site is still not working for me, but I'll keep checking. You know I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more of them showing up at the outlets in the next month or two. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, but the fact that they were on the website (and for a while on Japan) recently makes me think they had more than I had originally thought, so maybe they are showing no availability because they're on their way. One could only hope! You're welcome for the pics---like I said, taking them helped me realize it's more versatile with black than I realized!