Question about Muse colors..

Pretty sure this is forest...
attachment.php

and this is prune...
attachment.php

Thank you Cosmopolitan! Good thing I asked because I thought that Prune would be more purple.... This looks more burgundy-ish which is good. Do you think getting this bag at 30% off is a good price? I'm new to YSL...

Yup I'd definitely suggest snagging a Muse at 30 percent off in either of those colors. Both are beautiful and classic and would work with a lot of different outfits. I've got a suede Downtown in that green.

Do you find yourself using it only in the fall/winter months? I'm affraid to spend 1K on a bag and not be able to use it all year around... I think Prune may be more versatile... I really appreciate your opinion as it looks you know a lot about YSL!

Honestly I live in an East Coast city and I wear colors such as these all year round. (I have an Hermes bag in a similar burgundy.) I personally just don't care for very bright or light colored bags. You can't go wrong with either choice and it's not easy to find Muses on sale in desirable colors.

I'd like to add that it depends on your climate and the colors and clothes you wear whether a bag will be year round. I live in Sacramento CA where it gets to be 100 degrees. I wear loads of white and little dresses during the summer so I would put the forest muse away until late fall. But if I wore darker colors such as khakis and blacks, the forest might work even in summer. Look at your clothes and colors and see if you would get year round use.

As another note, I agree $1000 is a lot to pay for a bag that might sit untouched for 4 months. But there is also something wonderful about pulling a bag out that has not been used and re-meeting it and falling in love all over again. And I think it is perfectly OK to have FW, SS and YR (year round) bags. You have that with coats, don't you? I am insanely happy with my Black Crest Easy but I know that come April she will get put away so I can enjoy my summer bags. And my SS bags are "resting" until mid-April. It will be fun to pull them out then.