Question about Multis

__pixiecat

"Purse" Obsessed
Nov 22, 2007
Hi everyone. I've been looking through all of the posts and you all have such lovely LVs! My mom recently passed down to me her Mono Speedy 30 and I fell completely in love with it. I had been drooling over LV purses for a while but was a little put off because of the amount of fakes circulating. Needless to say it's a completely different feeling when you carry your real LV.

I've been watching the multicolored since they were introduced and I was wondering how they age. My speedy's leather has darkened and it does sag a little but because I don't have much in it. Anyway on to my question.

Can anyone here with a multi tell me how the leather holds up with constant use? If i ever took the plunge and bought a multi i'd carry it 24/7.

EDIT. I forgot to say it. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And thanks for taking the time to read this post.

It will hold up just as nicely as youre Mono speedy 30. If you live ian warm climate you'll get more use out of white mc and could carry all yr around. Keeping in mind I dont think anyone carries their Multicolor speedy everyday or has it as their only bag.

This bag is heavy and not one i'd like /wasnt to carry 24/7 so to speak. Saying that its a nice change but something I'd use off and on.

Thanks so much for replying, Bag Fetish.

I'm glad to hear that they hold up. I've heard random horror stories about some of the colored letters wearing off.. but it could have all been a tall tale.

When I got my Speedies (black and white) I carried them for a few months at a time without changing, I loved them so much.
They're both so different and IMO, they'll hold up just fine but they do get somewhat heavy due to all the hardware.

But to add, the color CAN come off since the design is silk screened on. My white Alma is chipped a little bit along the zipper (only the purple symbols) and the black MC wallet has a few chipped areas as well. I think the bags hold up better than the small items though.

Sounds cheesy, but one example of someone actually using their Multicolor Speedy pretty much all the time was Jessica Simpson in the first season of 'Newlyweds'...which includes the infamous scene where she takes 'Pet Louis' camping! The bag withstood quite a beating, and you could see what the handles look like when the bag is used quite often-- the patina and slight stretching of the leather handles. Like Lvbabydoll said too, you need to be wary of the Multicolor chipping if you use it a lot. However, you can see it as part of the character of the bag as it gets 'loved' with time. Just be careful and take care of your 'Pet Louis' and it will love you back for a very long time. Hope this helps hon!!

The MC Speedy doesn't sag quite as much as the regular monogram canvas simply because of the pocket & hardware on the front of the bag. I have a white MC Speedy and it's my favorite Summer bag. Get one -- you won't regret it!

Sounds cheesy, but one example of someone actually using their Multicolor Speedy pretty much all the time was Jessica Simpson in the first season of 'Newlyweds'...which includes the infamous scene where she takes 'Pet Louis' camping! The bag withstood quite a beating, and you could see what the handles look like when the bag is used quite often-- the patina and slight stretching of the leather handles. Like Lvbabydoll said too, you need to be wary of the Multicolor chipping if you use it a lot. However, you can see it as part of the character of the bag as it gets 'loved' with time. Just be careful and take care of your 'Pet Louis' and it will love you back for a very long time. Hope this helps hon!!

Keep in mind it a show, you have no clue if on a daily basis she was actually using that bag.
that being said i'm sure that show sold more then its fair share of that bag.