Question about multi-functional totes?

SuperMom2

SAHM of 2
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
I just bought a Heritage Stripe Multi-fuctional Tote. I saw it and fell in love with the size and the drop length is perfect for me and my fluffy arms. I love the pockets inside as well. Easy to organize. I do wish it had the feet on the bottom tho. My question is I have a Heritage Stripe Fashion Satchel and Heritage Stripe small satchel. I will definatly keep the small bag but I need help choosing what big bag to keep the tote or the satchel. I only need one. I have the tags on both so either can be returned. I have never owned a mutli-function tote before and I am wondering from people who have it is it a good choice for an everyday bag or do you find it to big? TIA

lucky duck you! i soooooo want one for a diaper bag! But I just can't swing the $400+ price tag! (more than a crib!!!)

I think it totally depends on what you carry all the time and how much room each bag affords you

Did you buy it in Berry also? I have the small heritage stripe satchel and the Multi-function both in Berry and I love them. Personally, the fashion satchel doesn't appeal to me, but that's just my opinion. I love the multifunction tote. It looks so classy in the Berry color and I like that I can wear it across my body, hang it from the handles of my stroller or wear it on my shoulders.

Did you buy it in Berry also? I have the small heritage stripe satchel and the Multi-function both in Berry and I love them. Personally, the fashion satchel doesn't appeal to me, but that's just my opinion. I love the multifunction tote. It looks so classy in the Berry color and I like that I can wear it across my body, hang it from the handles of my stroller or wear it on my shoulders.

Of course I bought it in Berry :yes: Although now that I have it home I am HATE the zipper on it. It has been driving me nut :cursing: I love the drop length tho very comfortable. I don't like to wear bags cross body. Although maybe the large tote might be better for a kinda in between these 2 bags? The mutli function tote kinda feels like a backpack when I toss it over my shoulder. Argh I don't know what to do and I can only afford one bag :crybaby:

Can you post a picture of the tote? I'm trying to get a visual. I love the fashion satchel and I can imagine all of the use's for when my kids were young.

It was mentioned that the tote could be used in place of a diaper bag. If you don't mind me asking what would the use be (on the bag you decide to keep)? All around running errands w/your kids, general work bag or ?

I could see using the small satchel if I was to going to go to lunch with one of my friends.

Can you post a picture of the tote? I'm trying to get a visual. I love the fashion satchel and I can imagine all of the use's for when my kids were young.

It was mentioned that the tote could be used in place of a diaper bag. If you don't mind me asking what would the use be (on the bag you decide to keep)? All around running errands w/your kids, general work bag or ?

I could see using the small satchel if I was to going to go to lunch with one of my friends.

The tote would be used for running errands with my kids. Although the more a look at it I think it may be to big for me. My kids are no longer in the diaper bag stage. I do need to carry some of there things tho. So I think I would be looking at either a large tote or fashion satchel. I just don't think the multi-function tote is going to work for me. My small satchel if for when I am out without the kids. Argh I hate retruning stuff to the store the SA's are always giving me looks :tdown:

Attachments

• IMG_2552.JPG
    IMG_2552.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 12354_bkhby_a0_front.jpg
    12354_bkhby_a0_front.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 12529_bkhby_a0_front.jpg
    12529_bkhby_a0_front.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 36
Supermom,

If it was me I would go with the fashion satchel. It looks roomy enough if one of my boys boys handed me their gameboy (w/chargers) for example.

The multifunction tote to me looks like a bag (size wise) I would take to the lake or park something that I could throw in a couple bottles of water, maybe a change of clothes. Or it would be a perfect school bag (I went for medical assisting.) I could see tossing in a binder, a couple books along w/the necessities (make up bag, wristlet and wallet.)

Good luck w/you decision. I feel the same way about returning stuff. When I buy something on impulse I feel that the SA know I'm guilty:P

I have a black Hamptons Weekend multi-function tote and love it. I use it for a work/laptop bag and it has a ton of pockets inside - it's black nylon so it wipes off easily and it's really durable. Mine only has the shoulder straps (no long strap), but they are plenty large enough to carry on my shoulder no matter how heavy of a coat I have on and it's a real comfy bag -it's big though so if you're not looking to carry around a ton of stuff, you might want to keep the Fashion Satchel. I had gotten the one that you have when they first came out in the blue, but returned it as I'm just not a fan of sign, but the Black nylon is perfect (I kinda wish they'd make this in leather but it would be super heavy so maybe not).

If your kids aren't in the diaper phase anymore and you don't need to carry a huge amount of stuff, then I'd go with the fashion satchel. Though if you need a laptop bag....you might use it for that. :smile: I just love that berry color!!

It sounds like maybe the fashion satchel is a better size for you then. I have a 2.5 year old and am 5 days past due with my second (Not bitter about that or anything - LOL) so that is why I bought the tote. I am going back into the diaper bag stage again. I do think it ends up being a great weekend bag, tote bag etc,. for when I get beyond the diaper bag stage, which is why I didn't mind spending the money.

I have the tote.. not that exact one but still the heritage tote and I use it with my 2 little girls.. one is potty training and one is still in diapers so it works for me. I like the fashion satchel though.. especially if yours aren't in diapers anymore.

Of course I bought it in Berry :yes: Although now that I have it home I am HATE the zipper on it. It has been driving me nut :cursing: I love the drop length tho very comfortable. I don't like to wear bags cross body. Although maybe the large tote might be better for a kinda in between these 2 bags? The mutli function tote kinda feels like a backpack when I toss it over my shoulder. Argh I don't know what to do and I can only afford one bag :crybaby:

Which bag's zipper is driving you nuts?

I don't own the multi-functional tote nor the fashion satchel, but after reading your uses & needs for the bag...I think I'd go for the fashion satchel. I also think it's a better looking bag :yes:. Good look with your decision & let us know what you decide. Btw--good for you for not cutting the tags until you're 100% positive! :tup:

Which bag's zipper is driving you nuts?

I don't own the multi-functional tote nor the fashion satchel, but after reading your uses & needs for the bag...I think I'd go for the fashion satchel. I also think it's a better looking bag :yes:. Good look with your decision & let us know what you decide. Btw--good for you for not cutting the tags until you're 100% positive! :tup:

The half zipper on the multi-functional tote was driving me nuts. Yeah I keep tags on my bags till they go out with me. If I don't end up using them they go back. Thanks everyone for all the advice. I love this forum and the people on it. Great and honest opinions. I decided that the satchel is perfect for my needs and the tote would just be too big. If my kids were still in diapers it would have been perfect. The tote is going back and the tags are off the satchel she is going for her first outing today :yahoo:

The half zipper on the multi-functional tote was driving me nuts. Yeah I keep tags on my bags till they go out with me. If I don't end up using them they go back. Thanks everyone for all the advice. I love this forum and the people on it. Great and honest opinions. I decided that the satchel is perfect for my needs and the tote would just be too big. If my kids were still in diapers it would have been perfect. The tote is going back and the tags are off the satchel she is going for her first outing today :yahoo:

Woohoo! Congrats on your decision!!! I think you've made the right one...besides you sounded annoyed with the multi-functional tote anyway. That's not a good way to start a relationship :P.

On another note...I'm still deciding on that HS small satchel in berry...the one you have that you posted that fabulous thread on! I just called my local (1 hour away) store to see if they have it so I can at least try her on for size before I commit...:girlsigh: I keep dreaming about those lovely pics that you posted...Unfortunately they don't have it, and I feel bad about having them order it especially for me, and what if I don't like it (for some bizarro reason). *sigh*