Question about Mono Speedy material

missmndz

Jun 2, 2009
Bay Area, born and raised<3
I bought my first LV speedy 35 off of Ebay, got it authenticated in the auth. thread. but my mom keeps telling me it's fake because the material is thin.

Can someone with a speedy respond and let me know how thick the sides of their bags are please? :\

itsonly4me

Oskar Waltz
O.G.
May 8, 2007
PA
If the auth this section said it was real I would not worry about it. If she is used to the older models maybe thats why shes confused because the canvas used to be thicker.

RODRIGUEZ549

May 22, 2009
People who own a few LV pieces would tell you that not all the materials for their bags are the same - depending on the design and type.

I noticed that the material used for my Palermo GM bag is thinner than my Carryall which classified as "luggage" and much thicker. And same goes for my Beauborg - the monogram and thickeness differs frm the rest of my bags.

I would think that by the material of an old bag would be much softer due to frequent use as compared to a new bag which is stiffer which gives the effect that it is thicker?

imeelove

Jan 17, 2009
austin, tx
yes, some of the LV canvass are thinner like the neverfull mono seems thinner than batignolles and tivoli. idk how do they do that but the more structured the bag is, the thicker it is.

Barlow

Behaving...Sometimes
O.G.
Aug 2, 2008
Upstate NY
www.bonanza.com
When was your bag made? I have a mono speedy 35 from the 80s and was pleasantly surprised by how thick the canvas is but I've heard it got thinner in the years since?

gucciRN

A.J.
Jun 4, 2009
reno, nevada
My speedy 30 is definetly thinner than my montorgueil pm. My mom has a speedy from the 80's and the canvas is so much thicker than my speedy.