Question about moisturizers.

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
OK i use Olay anti-aging moisturizer during the day to prevent wrinkles and because it has SPF 15.

i used to used clean and clear dual action moisturizer with salicylic acid but switched because it had no spf.

i am wondering, is it ok to use the olay during the day and the dual action with salicylic at night? is it too much for my face use both? i am trying to get a clearer face and am afraid of clogging pores. does anyone use different moisturizers for day and night?

Yup. I use richer cream/milk(??) based stuff for night (sk II) and a lighter water based one (biotherm) in the day (plus sunscreen on top).

My skin feels better somehow after I switched from using the same lighter stuff day and night. I've also tried using the thicker stuff in the day but it just feels icky with makeup on over it.

Yes I use different Olay moisturizers for day and night. Night is more moisturizing. I don't think this poses a problem unless your moisturizer is meant to be applied once daily.

^^ Same here. I use Clinique's Superdefense for the day, and Shiseido The Skincare night serum. Night time is when your skin cells regenerate, so you wanna give them as much help as you can. It's perfectly ok!

I use Creme de la Mer at night and the La Mer gel cream during the day. I think I've almost always used different moisturizers during the day and night (a lot of lines make special creams for day and night). There's nothing wrong with it. :smile:

i don't know about different ones for day and night- but i love aveeno with spf 15 i use it every morning... it really hydrates your skin and it isn't greasy at all and it makes my skin look really dewy... another plus is that it doesn't clog pores and its recommended by dermatologists

i don't know about different ones for day and night- but i love aveeno with spf 15 i use it every morning... it really hydrates your skin and it isn't greasy at all and it makes my skin look really dewy... another plus is that it doesn't clog pores and its recommended by dermatologists

i use the same aveeno moisturizer, and i've tried moisturizers by other brands that cost over $100 and the aveeno is STILL better.

I use the Clinique yellow moisturizer (forget the name) during the day, and a heavy L'Occitane shea cream for night. I get my sunscreen from my foundation.

I think you would be fine to use the clean and clear, or use both. Do you use foundation? Cause if you do then just use a foundation with SPF and then use the Clean & Clear that you liked.

If you have concerns maybe you should see a Dr. and they could help you with picking what is right for your skin.

I use the amore pacific hyrdra-gel during the day and the amore pacific time response at night. Every derm I have ever been to recommends a heavier moisturizer at night than in the day.

I use Nivea Creme for night and Nivea Soft for day time. At the start of the year my skin was in awful condition, but after using these religiously my skin is so soft and clear. I rarely get spots anymore.

The salicylic acid at night is great; I would keep using it --it continuously removes dead skin and that keeps your pores clean and minimizes the appearance of them. You are correct that you need a sunscreen during the day - your routine seems on point.

I use a different moisturizer for night and day -- Night moisturizer are usually for specific treatments; I use Neutrogena healthy skin Anti-wrinkle anti-blemish cream with retinol & salicylic acid - for the day I use neutrogena visibly even moisturizer SPF 15 for sunscreen and it contains vitamin c boosts radiance and minimize dark spots.