Question about Miranda 11085 Colors??

Mogambo66

O.G.
Sep 29, 2013
Hi everyone! I have a question for some of the experts here. I recently got what I think is a really great deal on this blue Miranda bag. I paid $150 for it, and it honestly looks like it has never been used. As beautiful as it is, I would love it even more if it were more of a teal color. When I do a search for a blue or teal Miranda, there is a stock photo that pops up in which the color looks completely different from this bag (second photo). I absolutely love the color in the stock photo! Does this lighter color even exist, or is it just a case of the stock photo being deceptively different from the real thing? I've read that this bag came in blue, teal and maybe ocean, but I've never seen any of these on ebay (though I am a fairly new collector, so maybe I haven't been looking long enough!). Can anyone tell me for certain how many different shades of blue this bag came in, and what the color names were? I can't seem to find out much information about it anywhere. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0009 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0009 (1024x768).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 476
  • tealmiranda.jpg
    tealmiranda.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 474
Congratulations!!!!
What a beautiful bag and an Awesome price!!!!!
You rather have teal??
I did a google search and found one on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Miranda-Vintage-Leather-Satchel-Handbag/dp/B0037H42ES

She is a bit more money!!

Lynne :biggrin:

Haha...thank you! Actually Amazon is where I found the stock photo. If you click on the seller's information he is actually selling a used Miranda bag in black, not teal. I think this bag came out about 6 or 7 years ago, so I doubt there are any new ones to be purchased anywhere, unless by some chance there is a random customer return at a Coach store or outlet.

Hi everyone! I have a question for some of the experts here. I recently got what I think is a really great deal on this blue Miranda bag. I paid $150 for it, and it honestly looks like it has never been used. As beautiful as it is, I would love it even more if it were more of a teal color. When I do a search for a blue or teal Miranda, there is a stock photo that pops up in which the color looks completely different from this bag (second photo). I absolutely love the color in the stock photo! Does this lighter color even exist, or is it just a case of the stock photo being deceptively different from the real thing? I've read that this bag came in blue, teal and maybe ocean, but I've never seen any of these on ebay (though I am a fairly new collector, so maybe I haven't been looking long enough!). Can anyone tell me for certain how many different shades of blue this bag came in, and what the color names were? I can't seem to find out much information about it anywhere. Thanks in advance for your help!

I came across a teal one awhile ago on eBay. The style number was F13997. I will see if I can find it and update this post...

ETA: Here's the link; it was poorly listed and I was sorely tempted to buy it, but I have 11085 in bordeaux and don't use her enough. HTH! :smile:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/turquoise-C...324?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item27d80b08b4

Last edited:
Haha...thank you! Actually Amazon is where I found the stock photo. If you click on the seller's information he is actually selling a used Miranda bag in black, not teal. I think this bag came out about 6 or 7 years ago, so I doubt there are any new ones to be purchased anywhere, unless by some chance there is a random customer return at a Coach store or outlet.

LOL~~~
I didn't even click on the link. I just saw the Blue. The Miranda is a beautiful bag. I saw her IRL when she was in FP Coach. A heavy bag that I thought was a bit pricey at the time. Now, I kick myself!! I would love a Burgundy one.
I think the outlets came out with a Teal Patent MFF Miranda not too long ago.

Lynne :biggrin:

I came across a teal one awhile ago on eBay. The style number was F13997. I will see if I can find it and update this post...

ETA: Here's the link; it was poorly listed and I was sorely tempted to buy it, but I have 11085 in bordeaux and don't use her enough. HTH! :smile:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/turquoise-C...324?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item27d80b08b4

Thanks arfmsu. I actually remember seeing that auction before I was really familiar with the Miranda. The fact that it was a factory serial number threw me off and I thought the bidding had gone rather high for a factory bag. Do you know if there is much of a difference in the FP and the factory version of this bag? Was the factory version the only one that came in teal? The color in those auction photos doesn't look anywhere near as amazing as the stock photos anyway! I'm still wondering if the full price version came in any other shade of blue, because I thought I saw somewhere on this board that there was also a color called Ocean?

By the way, I think the Bordeaux is gorgeous! I haven't found that color at a bargain price yet, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

Thanks arfmsu. I actually remember seeing that auction before I was really familiar with the Miranda. The fact that it was a factory serial number threw me off and I thought the bidding had gone rather high for a factory bag. Do you know if there is much of a difference in the FP and the factory version of this bag? Was the factory version the only one that came in teal? The color in those auction photos doesn't look anywhere near as amazing as the stock photos anyway! I'm still wondering if the full price version came in any other shade of blue, because I thought I saw somewhere on this board that there was also a color called Ocean?

By the way, I think the Bordeaux is gorgeous! I haven't found that color at a bargain price yet, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

From the auction pictures, it looks nearly identical to 11085 - all of the buckles, stitches, snaps and zippers seem to be similar. The one major difference that I see is that on this teal bag, the hang tag is leather and on the original 11085 the hang tag was brass. Eta: Also, the lining of this one is dark (maybe black?) and my 11085 in bordeaux is tan.

In terms of the color, I have to say that IMO it looks pretty similar to the DD pic you posted. If you look at the last picture of the auction where the bag appears to be in better lighting, it seems as though the color is a true teal, rather than the dull shade it appears in the auction photos.

In terms of the bordeaux, thanks! :biggrin: She was one of my HGs - but she's heavier than the dickens! I think empty, the Miranda style is 4lbs. I don't carry her too often due to her weight and that fact that she is satchel-only, but I absolutely love to use her when I do. She's also one my bags that get complimented the most when we're out and about.

I paid $160 shipped for my bordeaux in lightly used condition and I was thrilled with that price. A couple months ago I also ended up finding a NWOT Miranda in natural for $111.50 that I ended up selling because, like I previously mentioned, I just don't use her enough to justify two of the same style despite how beautiful she is.

HTH and that you find a Miranda soon - she's a classic albeit heavy bag that IMO will never go out of style. :smile:

Last edited:
Also, I was under the impression that the factory stores made this bag in an array of colors as the factory option for Miranda (F13963). http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auth-Coach-...617?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item1c3a028f79

I'm not sure why Coach would make both a nearly-identical-to-FP MFF Miranda and then make a copycat style using different leather and hardware. :thinking: Maybe some of the Coach experts can weigh in on this?

ETA: Perhaps like you suggested, there was an original ocean color in the 11085 Miranda and the color was so popular that Coach re-released it as a MFF bag like they did with some of the Kristin and Chelsea styles. Who knows? :shrugs:

From the auction pictures, it looks nearly identical to 11085 - all of the buckles, stitches, snaps and zippers seem to be similar. The one major difference that I see is that on this teal bag, the hang tag is leather and on the original 11085 the hang tag was brass.

In terms of the color, I have to say that IMO it looks pretty similar to the DD pic you posted. If you look at the last picture of the auction where the bag appears to be in better lighting, it seems as though the color is a true teal, rather than the dull shade it appears in the auction photos.

You're right, I didn't even notice the hang tag, although it would be easy enough to put a brass one on it. And I didn't scroll down far enough to see the last photo. The color looks much prettier in the last picture than the rest of the auction photos. Just goes to show how important good photos are for selling an item!

Can you take a look at the bag in this link and see what color you think it is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-COA...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

According to the creed it is a FP bag, #11085, but it is much lighter than both of the bags I posted pictures of. I almost bought this bag (which was incorrectly listed) but I wasn't sure if this was the true color or if it had faded or been washed or something, because the creed almost looked like it had water stains on it. Plus the lining looked really dirty, so I figured it hadn't been very well cared for in general. Do you know if this is the bags true original color?

You're right, I didn't even notice the hang tag, although it would be easy enough to put a brass one on it. And I didn't scroll down far enough to see the last photo. The color looks much prettier in the last picture than the rest of the auction photos. Just goes to show how important good photos are for selling an item!

Can you take a look at the bag in this link and see what color you think it is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-COA...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

According to the creed it is a FP bag, #11085, but it is much lighter than both of the bags I posted pictures of. I almost bought this bag (which was incorrectly listed) but I wasn't sure if this was the true color or if it had faded or been washed or something, because the creed almost looked like it had water stains on it. Plus the lining looked really dirty, so I figured it hadn't been very well cared for in general. Do you know if this is the bags true original color?

I have to say that it looks very similar to both mine and the F13997 Miranda. That auction was an amazing price - but it does look pretty worn/faded. One thing that really sticks out to me in regards to that one is the difference in color of the leather and the fabric part of the zipper - the difference in those colors right next to each other really makes think it was faded.

All in all, I think that Coach must've re-released Miranda in this color to the factory under the style number of F13997. Or, something that I didn't consider is that it was faked - it just looks amazingly similar to the original 11085... :shrugs:

Last edited:
I have to say that it looks very similar to both mine and the F13997 Miranda. That auction was an amazing price - but it does look pretty worn/faded. One thing that really sticks out to me in regards to that one is the difference in color of the leather and the fabric part of the zipper - the difference in those colors right next to each other really makes think it was faded.

All in all, I think that Coach must've re-released Miranda in this color to the factory under the style number of F13997. Or, something that I didn't consider is that it was faked - it just looks amazingly similar to the original 11085... :shrugs:

I noticed the difference in color between the leather and fabric parts of that bag as well. It just didn't look right, and that's what made me think it may have been washed or something. It seemed like an amazing price, but if the bag was in really rough shape or was incredibly faded, I knew I wouldn't be happy with it.

Anyway, all of these different auctions and colors are what has me so confused about what shades of blue the Miranda actually came in, and what the official color names were!

I noticed the difference in color between the leather and fabric parts of that bag as well. It just didn't look right, and that's what made me think it may have been washed or something. It seemed like an amazing price, but if the bag was in really rough shape or was incredibly faded, I knew I wouldn't be happy with it.

Anyway, all of these different auctions and colors are what has me so confused about what shades of blue the Miranda actually came in, and what the official color names were!

Ditto! :P For some reason, "Atlantic" is sticking out to me as a possible color name. Hopefully, you'll get more definitive responses tomorrow. Good luck! :smile:

If I remember correctly, the original Miranda didn't come in the teal, just the navy. (And bordeaux and natural, and two python colors). They reissued it for the factory stores, but only the flagship/fashion stores got them. There was also a fading issue with the original navy ones, on some of them if you life up the front flap where the turnlock is, you can see where the color faded. Beautiful bag, but like the older legacy bags, very heavy.

the full price miranda came in white, black, natural, atlantic- the teal,blue,and the bordeaux. the factory version came in a black and atlantic. the factory version is very nice slighly lighter which for most is a plus. you got a great deal enjoy your blue beauty!

the full price miranda came in white, black, natural, atlantic- the teal,blue,and the bordeaux. the factory version came in a black and atlantic. the factory version is very nice slighly lighter which for most is a plus. you got a great deal enjoy your blue beauty!

Thank you for the info! So this bag did come in Atlantic? Do you know if it was made in similar quantities as the other colors, or was it a special edition? Does anyone on the forum happen to have a real life picture of this bag in the Atlantic color? I would love to see one!