Question about markings

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, everybody and Merry Christmas. I have a question.... my mom got me a pretty bracelet with the "S925F" engraved into the inner backside of it. I was just wondering does that mean that the metal isn't gold? I am just worried because my mom said that it's gold and I am allergic to silver. Also, I am afraid that she might have been cheated out of her money again since she doesn't really pay attention to things like gold plated and gold filled (happened a couple times already). Please help me ! Thanks very much!

2. 925 is the marking for sterling silver. If the piece were gold it would have a marking denoting the the type of gold (e.g. 14K for 14 karat gold).

3. sorry about this thread. i just received clarification from my sister who bought it with my mom and lied to me :shrugs: oh well, merry xmas!