Question about made in USA bags

spoiledka

Nov 12, 2013
Hi all. I just got a speedy b 30. I noticed inside it has a cloth tag that says “made of imported materials”. I know the tag is normal for made in USA bags but I was under the impression that the tags were changed to leather tags a few years ago? Was it only changed in certain bags? I ordered a graceful also made in USA and it has the leather tag. Thanks in advance.

Following because I am interested!

I've seen a few that says "Made in France"?

I'm actually returning my made in USA bag because one side has horrible wrinkling on the strap. I ordered another one and got incredibly lucky to get a "made in France". I don't really care where my bags or small leather goods are made but it always makes me a little happier to get "made in France" items. I'm still curious about that cloth tag.

I'm actually returning my made in USA bag because one side has horrible wrinkling on the strap. I ordered another one and got incredibly lucky to get a "made in France". I don't really care where my bags or small leather goods are made but it always makes me a little happier to get "made in France" items. I'm still curious about that cloth tag.

Happy it worked out for you! :smile:

Do share photos when you can? Haha, I'm eyeing a Speedy B 30!

This is so interesting. I had a Speedy that I returned that had the "Made in USA" interior tag. I can't remember the date code, but I know it was made in the US sometime in 2020. It also had "Made in France" on the exterior stamping. I exchanged for a different speedy and this time the date code says USA ("LA) in 2020, "Made in France" on the outside stamping, but no "Made in USA" interior tag. What gives??

Has anyone seen a Made in USA Louis Vuitton bag with stamping On the outside that doesn’t say “made in “? I’m not sure what to make of this, but it’s a bit disappointing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 38
Yes, all my MIU bags have cloth tags inside, and the stamping outside just says Louis Vuitton, Paris.

I have an old PA and the leather tag says Made In USA and there is no cloth tag inside.

Hello, thanks for your help everyone. I was really trying to figure out why they would leave that out. I’m a little tempted to exchange it now But I guess the materials all come from the same places so it’s probably not a big deal, just a mental hiccup I have to get over.

Hi guys, new to the LV World, would like to get some insight, do you guys know if we are able to choose a made in a France Neverfull MM from the Toronto boutiques or not?? I have heard that most Neverfulls are making in the States - for those who already own the Neverfull MM please share your experiences ! If you notice any differences or not. I have heard that sometimes the finish is more stiff but let me know

Hi guys, new to the LV World, would like to get some insight, do you guys know if we are able to choose a made in a France Neverfull MM from the Toronto boutiques or not?? I have heard that most Neverfulls are making in the States - for those who already own the Neverfull MM please share your experiences ! If you notice any differences or not. I have heard that sometimes the finish is more stiff but let me know
If you have a CA at a boutique, you can request for them to find you a Neverfull MIF. This is how I got mine. She found it in her boutique an hour later. This is in US.

If you're making an online order, there's no way to know where it's made in but if you're purchasing in-store, you can always request a Made in France if they have one available. I personally prefer Made in France so I always make it a point to ask.

Reactions: Bubbles17