Question about made in USA bags

Do you find that there’s a difference in the make? :smile:
For me, it depends on the items. My NeoNoe Noir is made in US and was one of my first LV purchases and it's doing great. No problems whatsoever. It was also difficult to get a MIF version of this bag, so I was like w/e. However, I bought all 3 colors of key pouches. And for their key pouches - I feel that anything not MIU is better from my observations. So it's a hit and miss with MIU items.

If you're ever into the whole re-selling to fund new bags, most people don't like this but MIF bags are gonna hold a bit more value than MIU bags.

I just bought a Palm Springs Mini and my SA said that it’s made in the USA code SD4260 with no cloth tag that says made in USA. My friend who also bought a PSM has a cloth tag that says made in USA but hers was made in TX. Is there a reason why mine doesn’t have the cloth tag?

I just bought a Palm Springs Mini and my SA said that it’s made in the USA code SD4260 with no cloth tag that says made in USA. My friend who also bought a PSM has a cloth tag that says made in USA but hers was made in TX. Is there a reason why mine doesn’t have the cloth tag?

i have the same question. Mine is the pochette metis, SD1139. It doesn’t have the made in USA imported materials tag, but it has another repeated tag of Louis Vuitton Paris with register trademark logo to the left, in the same compartment as the main heatstamp.
I got it authenticated from the Real Authentication, they said the bag is authentic. But I’m really curious because I have seen others listings, with the same bag, that has the made in usa leather tag.

My pochette Métis does have the cloth made in USA tag. I’m not going to lie, I was disappointed when I saw it. It was a gift, I’ve been wanting the bag for a while. I’m was really surprised that it was made in the us, as at the time I didn’t know they were

I received a Palm Springs Mini today from LV online, no fabric tag or date code. Called LV customer service and they said some don’t have a date code due to counterfeiting issues. So strange. I have purchased a number of LV bags over the past 8 years and never saw this before

I received a Palm Springs Mini today from LV online, no fabric tag or date code. Called LV customer service and they said some don’t have a date code due to counterfeiting issues. So strange. I have purchased a number of LV bags over the past 8 years and never saw this before
That’s odd, I’ve never heard that before. Hopefully someone will chime in who knows

Reactions: Loriad
Did you ever get an answer for this question?
I recently purchased the Felicie Pochette (from the LV website) and the date code indicates that it was made in Texas. But there is no tag inside of the bag that says “made in USA of imported materials”. Is it supposed to have this tag on all bags made in the US?

Did you ever get an answer for this question?
I recently purchased the Felicie Pochette (from the LV website) and the date code indicates that it was made in Texas. But there is no tag inside of the bag that says “made in USA of imported materials”. Is it supposed to have this tag on all bags made in the US?
I called client services twice and the first time, they said that its strange, but the second time, I was told that its fine. I went into the store to ask about it after and they said not all bags will have it..

I called client services twice and the first time, they said that its strange, but the second time, I was told that its fine. I went into the store to ask about it after and they said not all bags will have it..

Thank you! that’s good to know that not all of they’re bags made in the USA have that tag inside. You would think that LV would be consistent with they’re bags. so I’m assuming you just kept the bag you had?

no no im almost certain they wil always have to put a date code. the date code is not a serial number linked to that specific bag. that date code is used for repair purposes. it just helps them track if that bag was in a bad batch of bags etc. i wouldn't be surprised if your date code is just really sewn in and hidden.

I recently ordered a monogram Neonoe from the website and it arrived today, the datecode says it was made in texas, but it has no made in usa tag, i was also researching the forums, if this is a new thing. It did come with a small card that says Made in USA with imported materials.