Question about made in USA bags

spoiledka

Nov 12, 2013
Hi all. I just got a speedy b 30. I noticed inside it has a cloth tag that says “made of imported materials”. I know the tag is normal for made in USA bags but I was under the impression that the tags were changed to leather tags a few years ago? Was it only changed in certain bags? I ordered a graceful also made in USA and it has the leather tag. Thanks in advance.

spoiledka

Nov 12, 2013
Following because I am interested!

I've seen a few that says "Made in France"?
I'm actually returning my made in USA bag because one side has horrible wrinkling on the strap. I ordered another one and got incredibly lucky to get a "made in France". I don't really care where my bags or small leather goods are made but it always makes me a little happier to get "made in France" items. I'm still curious about that cloth tag.

Reactions: shesnochill

shesnochill

Formerly @annaversary♡
O.G.
Feb 5, 2008
I'm actually returning my made in USA bag because one side has horrible wrinkling on the strap. I ordered another one and got incredibly lucky to get a "made in France". I don't really care where my bags or small leather goods are made but it always makes me a little happier to get "made in France" items. I'm still curious about that cloth tag.
Happy it worked out for you! :smile:

Do share photos when you can? Haha, I'm eyeing a Speedy B 30!

mrs_jlp

May 21, 2020
This is so interesting. I had a Speedy that I returned that had the "Made in USA" interior tag. I can't remember the date code, but I know it was made in the US sometime in 2020. It also had "Made in France" on the exterior stamping. I exchanged for a different speedy and this time the date code says USA ("LA) in 2020, "Made in France" on the outside stamping, but no "Made in USA" interior tag. What gives??