Question about LV tags

ssicaa

O.G.
Apr 21, 2012
I got a Speedy 30 recently and noticed there's only the outside tab that has
"Louis Vuitton
Made in France"

And nothing noting LV on the inside, except for the gold buttons..

Should there be some sort of LV marking on the inside? (I dont' have the cloth tag)

I got a Speedy 30 recently and noticed there's only the outside tab that has
"Louis Vuitton
Made in France"

And nothing noting LV on the inside, except for the gold buttons..

Should there be some sort of LV marking on the inside? (I dont' have the cloth tag)

Other than the date code, which is under the pocket, I don't believe there's anything on the inside of a speedy that says Louis Vuitton.

May I please ask a question? I have a related LV tag question... does anyone know if all the damier ebene speedy 35 should have this stamped number "35" on the back of the "Louis Vuitton Made in USA" leather tag? I checked mine its nothing there. I came cross this youtube video, he flipped the leather tag, there s stamped "30" on his speedy 30 damier ebene...but then i heard some bags have the number, some dont..since when LV stopped stamped that number or is it only on certain speedy bags now? I bought mine in LV store.

May I please ask a question? I have a related LV tag question... does anyone know if all the damier ebene speedy 35 should have this stamped number "35" on the back of the "Louis Vuitton Made in USA" leather tag? I checked mine its nothing there. I came cross this youtube video, he flipped the leather tag, there s stamped "30" on his speedy 30 damier ebene...but then i heard some bags have the number, some dont..since when LV stopped stamped that number or is it only on certain speedy bags now? I bought mine in LV store.
Hi, i ve wondered the same, but then learned here on tpf some de Speedys (mine is a 30 MIF & doesnt have the number), dont have or only very light pressed the number under their tab. Dont worry, its normal..:wondering

Hi there,

Thank you!! I actually made a phone calls to the LV store that I bought my bags from. The SA said some speedys have the number, some are not :smile: I think I can stop worrying about it now. I was trying to sell mine on ebay. I had ppl asking me this question. I only used mine a couple of times. I bought this bag for my mom, and she didnt like it coz of the size.
Hi, i ve wondered the same, but then learned here on tpf some de Speedys (mine is a 30 MIF & doesnt have the number), dont have or only very light pressed the number under their tab. Dont worry, its normal..:wondering

Hi everyone, I have a question about this too..
I recently purchased a newer speedy 35 from eBay. The date code says SD2162. On eBay it is item number 190850391223. If you look at the picture where it was made, it just says
LOUIS VUITTON
PARIS.

There is no "made in USA" below it. Is this a new thing that Louis Vuitton is doing? Just wondering because the rest of the bag and its accessories looks authentic. From the date code, it is made in the USA the 26th week of 2012. I have an older speedy 25,and it says
LOUIS VUITTON
PARIS
made in USA

Any thoughts?

I also have a problem with the stamps. I bought an LV speedy 40 from Japan and I just noticed that the tab just says "louis vuitton." No made in anywhere, which my other speedys have. And when i tried looking inside, the leather on the pockets was stamped "made in france." Now I'm afraid I bought a fake bag, which should is a great sin in Japan. Could this still be authentic? Pls help.

hi every one. :wave:
i'll be purchasing the luggage tag soon.:dothewave:
and the colour i choose is RED, BLUE and NUDE (normal luggage tag colour)

if you guys can suggest me what colour of hot stamping that suitable for my
RED TAG and BLUE TAG?
the nude one i choose silver stamp so that the font will arise. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

anyone? :smile:

I purchased a speedy 35 band. damier today from my LV store and noticed there are no leather tabs at the ends of the bag. You mentioned it above and I have seen them on the YT LV review videos. Did they stop putting them on the speedy 35 band's? They do not have the bags on the LV website either. Again, is this a change for LV?

I purchased a speedy 35 band. damier today from my LV store and noticed there are no leather tabs at the ends of the bag. You mentioned it above and I have seen them on the YT LV review videos. Did they stop putting them on the speedy 35 band's? They do not have the bags on the LV website either. Again, is this a change for LV?

Do you mean the leather tabs like on the classic speedy? The speedy b never had the leather tabs, they have the rings on each end for the straps...

Hi all,
I just wanna ask if anyone in here encountered a bag relined by LV that doesn't have the side leather tab? I bought a preloved trevi pm and i was told it was relined by LV with datecode DK4143 in small leather tab. I understand that when LV does relining, datecode will be replaced as well, however, i realized that trevi pm has a side leather tab feature in its interior. Mine was missing? is it because of the relining? Was it supposed to be put back also? or maybe the first owner didn't ask them to put it back if they are charging her for it? Everything looks legit though, the labels, stitching, hardware and engraving, exept for the leather tab missing. Im not sure, im confused. Maybe someone can answer me based on their experience?

Thank you in advance.

Hi all,
I just wanna ask if anyone in here encountered a bag relined by LV that doesn't have the side leather tab? I bought a preloved trevi pm and i was told it was relined by LV with datecode DK4143 in small leather tab. I understand that when LV does relining, datecode will be replaced as well, however, i realized that trevi pm has a side leather tab feature in its interior. Mine was missing? is it because of the relining? Was it supposed to be put back also? or maybe the first owner didn't ask them to put it back if they are charging her for it? Everything looks legit though, the labels, stitching, hardware and engraving, exept for the leather tab missing. Im not sure, im confused. Maybe someone can answer me based on their experience?

Thank you in advance.

is there no date code at all in this bag? Did the seller give you the date code of DK4143 or is it in the bag?