Question about LV boutique on Herald Square at NYC

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Do you know if the Louis Vuitton boutique in Macy*s in Herald Square (in New York City) offer the same selection of handbags and accessories as any other Louis Vuitton boutique? Or is their selection more limited? Is the Macy*s Louis Vuitton boutique different from any other Louis Vuitton boutique? If so, in what ways?

I am planning a trip to New York City sometime in October, I have a a three hundred dollar gift card for Macy*s, and I have been eyeing the Speedy 30 for a while. Since I am planning on purchasing this Louis Vuitton piece new for once (as opposed to buying it used from eBay), I would like to receive everything a regular Louis Vuitton boutique would offer (i.e. excellent customer service, a big brown gift box, a shopping bag, etc.). It would be awesome if I could simultaneously purchase a gorgeous, timeless handbag and rid myself of the gift card (and the cutting of the cost from around $700 to $400 does not hurt my cause either).

Thanks, tPF :smile:!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    LOL, after reviewing the post, a more important question to ask is "Do they even take Macy*s gift cards?"

2. since the Macy's boutique is so small, the selection is a little more limited than the flagship store on 5th Ave. but they still have a lot of bags there if you ask them :yes:. i go there everytime i'm in the city, and they've nearly always had what i wanted.

3. Thanks, Sandra :yes:.

4. It is smaller than other LV boutiques but you should have no problem getting a Speedy 30 there. If you were looking for a more unusual piece then I'd say you might have trouble.

I've only been once and compared to LV boutiques, it was pretty crowded/noisy and the service was not great -- SAs were just standing around not offering to help anyone. I was there on a Saturday though so maybe if you go during a less busy time, it will be better.

But if you have a $300 gift card, I think it's definitely worth going! I have some Macys gift cards too so I'll be making a trip there soon. :yes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice