Question about Logan Satchels

BattahZ

Jul 12, 2009
I see on the Botkier website, the distressed black Logan Satchel this season is black with silver or gunmetal hardware. But I'm seeing it on some other sites (including Luna Boston) as distressed black with gold hardware. Is that an older style? I thought the Logan Satchel was new this season.

Thanks!

Ooh, interesting point about that. Yup, the Logan is a new style for Fall '09. It could be that Botkier.com's pictures are from pre-production samples, though, whilst online retailers' pics are from the production version of the bag that was sent to them. If so, it looks like the silver hardware on Botkier.com is from a sample, whilst the production version of the bag (i.e. the one that you should expect) has the gold hardware.

There was a bit of confusion over pre-production samples vs the actual version sent to production a little while ago, too, WRT to the Uma. In that instance, LB's pics actually showed the pre-production sample too, so LB isn't always 100% accurate. (I can think of a couple other instances where LB's pics are of pre-production samples that ended up being slightly different from the production versions of bags.) For the Logan, Funkylala shows gold hardware with Distressed Black too, so this should be correct.

(Here's the explanation that Monica Botkier posted re: the discrepancy with the Uma, BTW. This should probably explain the hardware differences with the Logan too. HTH! Looks like Botkier will need to update their pics on their site again...)

Hi All,
The hardware on the Logan Satchel in distressed black is antique brass. You are correct Starfan, the picture on our website was a prototype. We replaced it withe the correct picture. Sorry about the confusion!
xoxo,
Botkier

i have a random ques about the logan but didn't want to start a new thread for it, hope it's ok if i use this one!

i notice that it has two side pockets but they don't zip close... i was wondering what you would use them for? a bottle of water might look a lil weird but i wouldn't want to put anything valuable (like a cell phone) since it would be easy for someone to take it... ideas?

^^Um, a chocolate bar, a shopping list, a lip gloss, a small book, a resting spot for your mp3/mp4 player if you're on a train or something, loose change if you're in a rush, a ticket ... any little thing you just want to grab easily that's not too valuable(?)

Note: the above are random thoughts only! :shrugs: