Question about let-trade

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I know that some of you already bought from let-trade or other sellers in Hong Kong. Did you have to pay customs and if yes, how much (compared to the price of your item) was it? And of course: where do you live? :amuse:
    Thanks! :flowers:

2. i'm in canada, nope didnt have to pay customs. Not sure if it was due to the price of the item or not.

3. I have bought from other sellers over there and have never had to pay customs, and i live in Iowa

4. In the US and didn't have the pay customs. I think I've only ever paid customs once though on an item.

5. Yay, thanks everyone! :biggrin:

6. I just got something from let-trade today and had no problems with customs.

7. How long did it take to receive your item? I'm in Canada too and considering purchasing from let-trade. Thanks!

8. I am in Michigan - no customs fee and it took about a week and a half.

9. maybe a week, wasnt long at all.

10. Thanks :flowers:

11. I always use EMS and I get in 3 days. Never had a problem with customs.

12. Yeah, I always go for the 3 day service too ... I think it's only $7 extra. I ordered it Friday or Saturday, and it came today!

13. I've purchased bags from all over the world, and never paid customs. Knocks on wood...

14. i'm in indonesia, and i never paid for customs as long that it's stated that the item is wirth under 100US$, but if i was sent an lv, and they only know that lv is expensive, sometimes they try to knock me off by asking me to pay ridiculous custom. for ex. : i was sent a bottega worth 1000$, and they made me pay 100$ for custom, but when i was send an lv worth 600$, they asked me to pay 400$ which i refuse flatly and asked for the bag to be return and ask a friend who live there to bring it for me next time she's back to indo.

15. Canadians are allowed a maximum 50Cdn gift before having to pay duty. Americans are allowed 200US.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice