Question about LARGE Coach Bags ?

Okay so I have saved up once again to be able to purchase my 1ST COACH BAG :yahoo::nuts:. I LOVE big bags and since I am far from a fp store it isn't that accesible to drive to a store to try on a bag. Im looking into a black purse, large and fashionable. Note: I do not like the style of sophias, I like carrying my bag on my shoulder and LARGE. Sidenote: I was also looking at the large sophias which seem to have somewhat of a different shape.

So ladies my question here is, which of these bags is the largest , most space. Mod shots would be absolutely amazing. Thank you everyone in advance :smile:

Running in this race is the:

MADISON OP ART SATEEN ABIGAIL SHOULDER BAG

MADISON GATHERED SIGNATURE MAGGIE

MADISON OP ART METALLIC OUTLINE MAGGIE SHOULDER BAG

CHELSEA SIGNATURE TOTE

MADISON OP ART SATEEN LARGE SOPHIA SATCHEL

-All of these bags are on the full price coach.com website, I am a newbie so I am unsure of how to post pictures of these. Thank you Ladies !!

Of those on your list, I personally like the Abigail because it is a beautiful and versatile bag.

Also, have you considered the Lindsey? That is some kind of big bag! I got one to carry to meetings and conferences and it s gigantic!

The largest shoulder bag that fits your description perfectly is the Madison Leather Large Shoulder Bag 15958, but it can only be purchased via 'bay or bon. Good Luck!

I personally would stay away from the Maggie bags if you plan on actually using the space in the bags...my past experience is that when I filled up the 3 compartments with my stuff it was not comfortable to carry on my shoulder....kinda felt like I was carrying a huge lump right underneath my armpit! But that's just me?!

I would say the Abigail is a huge bag and a nice/comforting bag to sit on your shoulder....or the large Sophia. The large Sophia's are huge and I once had a large fabric Sophia but took it back b/c It was too big (I had my usual stuff ... Plus my fiancé's wallet/keys/phone...then on top of that I even stuffed in some over night stuff/clothes and it still had room!)

I think you need 2 bags:biggrin:. It's Coach, you can't just have one.

MADISON OP ART SATEEN ABIGAIL SHOULDER BAG
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/reveal-bordeaux-abigail-abby-gail-709503.html
This bag is the perfect size...not small, not medium, not large...it's just right. Its so comfortable on the shoulder or carrying on arm. The strap drop makes it easy to access stuff without putting bag down. Holds alot and still lightweight. Has ziptop closure. This is a great everyday bag.
Handles with 8-3/4" drop
11-3/4" (L) x 12-1/4" (H) x 5" (W)
picture.php

MADISON OP ART SATEEN LARGE SOPHIA SATCHEL
This bag is large and holds everything and more. It has extra shoulder strap if needed but the rolled straps fit just fine on the shoulders. It has a wide zipper opening.
Handle with 6" drop
24" detachable shoulder strap with 12" drop
Approx Dimensions: 17"L x 12"H x 3.25"D
picture.php

wish i made this thread when i first started to buy coach, as i'm a bit used to ridiculously huge bags (im weird and dont mind the term that the "bag wears me," ha!)! even a rebecca minkoff nikki (not mini) wasnt big enough for me, nor mbmj 's huge hillier hobo! i was using mostly one of my hayden-harnett corcovado bags or a linea pelle dylan folding tote (google-image those, and you'll see where my tastes ran, bag-size-wise!)

learned to de-clutter my purse, thanks to coach's lovely selection of wristlets (i use 2 large ones) and i would say that my lindsey can hold more than my abigail. i remember seeing the large sophia a long time ago and i think that would be bigger than abigail, as well.

too bad the large marielle is gone from the site! that one was big! but for availability as far as i know, id say large sophia or if i recall, kristin elevated leather sage round satchel...tried the latter on briefly in the store and it was biggish to me :biggrin:

Honestly, the only bag on your list that I even consider slightly LARGE is the Sophia...but you already stated that you didn't really care for the style. I find the long strap to be too short.

I agree with walk-unafraid and dwm. My first thought when I started reading your post was that you should try the Lindsey...it has short handles and a nice long strap. But, dwm mentioned the MSB which is also a great bag...really LARGE. You would have to rely on eBay but they seem to be going for a decent price lately. :yes:

The Pinnacle Allie is LARGE and very fashionable...but the price is a little steep ($798).

I am a big bag girl myself....and I guess the large sophia is the largest out of those options? I don't have one so I'm not sure, just going by what I recall when I saw them at the boutique.

I also think the other suggestions about a MSB are excellent....I am looking into getting one myself. Wish I hadn't passed it or the large marielle up at the outlet! The black is gorgeous IMO b/c of the red lining. :biggrin:

I would think that the Abigail makes the best shoulder bag of those. Like others have said, the Maggie has too many compartments, so there isn't as much room. The large Sophia fits on your shoulder but isn't really a shoulder bag. The MSB would be great but isn't made anymore. The Lindsey is a big bag too.
Have you considered the large Kristen hobo? It is the most comfortable shoulder bag they make. 16 1/2" (L ) x 14" (H) x 4 1/4" (W)
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/coach-kristin-leather-large-hobo/3087644
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-Krist...032?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item5ae44e7680
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Coach-K...992?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item43aa7f8258
They have it at the factory stores but not on Coach.com anymore.
There is also the Poppy jazzy hobo that they don't make anymore, but still have at the factory stores. 16" (L) x 11" (H) x 5 1/2" (W)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-COACH-1...499?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item1c218f4033

I just started buying coach a few months ago and I too looove big bags!!! The biggest out of the ones u listed is the Madison shoulder bag. I love it so much I have four!!!! You can only get it on eBay or bonanza.

I love the look of Maggies but they have never worked as a shoulder bag for me. One strap keeps slipping off my shoulder. I have had similar problems with other 2-handle shoulder bags.

I love the look of Maggies but they have never worked as a shoulder bag for me. One strap keeps slipping off my shoulder. I have had similar problems with other 2-handle shoulder bags.

I know what you mean, I was looking at the maggie because of how it looked on the mannequin on the website, is it just me or do they sometimes seem either larger or smaller IRL?