Question about Lady Dior color.

heelsandhope

Oct 25, 2010
I was at a Dior in Boston yesterday in search of a Lady Dior. I wanted to purchase one in a light taupe/tan color (sorry, I don't know the Dior colors very well) but the sales woman was extremely intent on selling me one in coral which, she said, was a limited edition. She went so far as to call the taupe/tan one I wanted to buy "boring" and told me I was "too young" for such a "drab" (her word) color of bag. While I LOVED the coral color, I was put off by her sales technique. That aside, my questions are:

1. Do you find neutral colored Lady Dior bags to be boring? I never did but she has me questioning this.

2. Is coral truly a limited edition and is it worth purchasing right away? I loved it and would really like to have it as part of my collection but I didn't want to impulse buy something because someone was telling me I'd never be able to find it again if that isn't the case.

Thanks!

I was at a Dior in Boston yesterday in search of a Lady Dior. I wanted to purchase one in a light taupe/tan color (sorry, I don't know the Dior colors very well) but the sales woman was extremely intent on selling me one in coral which, she said, was a limited edition. She went so far as to call the taupe/tan one I wanted to buy "boring" and told me I was "too young" for such a "drab" (her word) color of bag. While I LOVED the coral color, I was put off by her sales technique. That aside, my questions are:

1. Do you find neutral colored Lady Dior bags to be boring? I never did but she has me questioning this.

2. Is coral truly a limited edition and is it worth purchasing right away? I loved it and would really like to have it as part of my collection but I didn't want to impulse buy something because someone was telling me I'd never be able to find it again if that isn't the case.

Thanks!

1. Neutral colour bags are usually the best-selling colours. Since so many people prefer them, I hardly call them boring colours.

2. Coral is a Spring 2011 limited edition colour, and the patent coral versions are already completely sold out. So the SA was being honest. I find the color to be stunning, much like a delicious watermelon colour.

Were you interested in the beige version or the new Fall 2011 "Mist" colour which looks like a taupe brown? The "Mist" colour is a limited edition as well.

Pale-beige:
attachment.php

Mauve
attachment.php

Mist
attachment.php

Coral
attachment.php

Attachments

• CAL44551_M029_V1.png
    CAL44551_M029_V1.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 3,441
  • CAL44551_M297_V1.png
    CAL44551_M297_V1.png
    202.3 KB · Views: 1,780
  • CAL44551_M818_V1.png
    CAL44551_M818_V1.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,748
  • Dior Lady Dior coral large.jpg
    Dior Lady Dior coral large.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 1,977
1. Neutral colour bags are usually the best-selling colours. Since so many people prefer them, I hardly call them boring colours.

2. Coral is a Spring 2011 limited edition colour, and the patent coral versions are already completely sold out. So the SA was being honest. I find the color to be stunning, much like a delicious watermelon colour.

Were you interested in the beige version or the new Fall 2011 "Mist" colour which looks like a taupe brown? The "Mist" colour is a limited edition as well.

Pale-beige:
attachment.php

Mauve
attachment.php

Mist
attachment.php

Coral
attachment.php

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful! I was interested in the pale-beige and I still think it's the one for me. You're right that the coral is like a watermelon color and it is truly beautiful--I felt like it warmed up everything around it and made everything cheerful. I think I'll head down there tomorrow morning and look at both once more. Thanks again!

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful! I was interested in the pale-beige and I still think it's the one for me. You're right that the coral is like a watermelon color and it is truly beautiful--I felt like it warmed up everything around it and made everything cheerful. I think I'll head down there tomorrow morning and look at both once more. Thanks again!

looking at the photo of the coral colour, it is really lovely and it is a bag that would definitely grab attention of the good kind. however, it would be difficult to match it with everything, depending on the colours you wear most often. if you really like the beige colour, i think you need to stick by your guns and go for what you want, not letting an SA bully you into buying a limited edition colour. personally, I would probably have gone for the coral, but that's me, i'm a sucker for pink colours of the right shade. but if you think beige is the colour to go, then get that one.

each SA has their own opinions and some SAs can be quite upfront and want to sell you goods which will earn them more commission. i think that was quite a hardgoing way of doing it though. if it were me, I would probably have gone with my own choice, just to be hard headed about it and to not listen to her ;) do post pictures of your final purchase when you bring your Lady home!

The pale beige is indeed a neutral, pretty colour. In fact i was set on getting this colour when my DH changed my mind by commenting that it'd be a delicate colour to maintain. I see his point, no matter how much i baby the bag, i can't prevent the handles to show signs of wear sooner than other parts of the bag, given that it's mostly a hand held bag. Not sure if the patent option will be better.

I always find it useful to wear neutral shades like black or white to the store to try out different colours. Keep an open mind, ask to see as many colours as possible. I realise that some colours flatter me more than others. Sometimes the colour i like just doesn't give the 'wow' factor on me. For instance, i never thought that i'd buy a blue bag but when the SA encouraged me to try out the petroleum blue, i'm pleasantly surprised by what i saw in the mirror. I ended up getting the colour and have not regretted.

I find SAs at Dior boutiques extremely helpful and geniue, they may speak their mind as to what they think of certain colours but at the end, they always respect the customers' choice.

Hope you don't mind my frank opinion. Happy deciding!