Question About Jewelry.

greenes_girl

Jun 25, 2011
Hello ladies! So as I'm sure you are all aware, Valentine's day is coming up, and I have my eye on a certain necklace from the website. The Pave Triple Heart Necklace!! I think its adorable and I've been looking for something to wear regularly as I don't really have a go to necklace. So reading up on it, the website states that it is "gold plated brass." What does that mean? Is it going to turn my skin green over time? :o I really don't want my hubby to pay 100 bucks for something that will do that. So, I wanna know! What are YOUR experiences with Coach and their "gold plated brass"? Good? bad?

Your own body chemistry may have an effect on the jewelry. Have you had allergic reactions to good costume jewelry, or noticed that it started to pit or discolor over time?

I generally have to be careful with costume jewelry, but have worn the Coach bracelets without issues. I have a few necklaces, but I try to wear them over a shirt or sweater to keep them off of my skin.

I usually only get the sterling necklaces for the little lady. Thus far we have had no issues with those pieces. I do occasionally get bangles for her if they are suitably awesome. They see periodic use, fashion jewelry and all, so they hold up quite well.

I have several pieces from Coach and I have not had any problems with tarnishing or turning my skin green. But cats n bags is correct it's all about your own skins chemistry (oils and acids) that determine it's reaction to various metals. The same way one perfume can smell different on different people.

If you tend to have allergic reactions to jewelry that's not solid gold or sterling silver I recommend you keep the receipt. They're really good about any issues with jewelry.

Ahhh thanks guys! My body chemistry is usually pretty tame. I don't have allergic reactions to perfume other than the occasional sneeze if my aim spraying is a little off! Ive always wanted a bangle and a necklace from coach but was scared to try it. I have a pair of earrings and they have worked out fine for me, but I know that's a bit different. Thanks guys!

Ahhh thanks guys! My body chemistry is usually pretty tame. I don't have allergic reactions to perfume other than the occasional sneeze if my aim spraying is a little off! Ive always wanted a bangle and a necklace from coach but was scared to try it. I have a pair of earrings and they have worked out fine for me, but I know that's a bit different. Thanks guys!

A little warning about the Coach bangles....

They tend to breed uncontrollably when left alone in a jewlery box, even if you only get one, it is prolly already...well you know...:lol: