Question about in-store returns

tarynsong

Apr 27, 2011
Boston
Hello Everyone,

I have a question that may seem strange. Recently I discovered if I returned something at Nordstrom, I can receive my refund on a different card than the one I paid with. Are there any other stores, specifically big return chains, that also have this policy?

Thank you!

Taryn

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
Didn't Nordstroms just have that huge credit card breach? While I find it very strange they would refund on a different card, even wonder if it is legal to do this perhaps they did it for security reasons. can you call and ask them why?:smile:

Oct 30, 2006
Because when I buy things online, I prefer to pay with a credit card (i.e., instead of debit). But I like the option of receiving refunds on my debit card so that the money goes directly to my checking account.
So you then have to pay a credit card? What's the point of that exactly?

JenBmr

May 3, 2011
It doesn't really have to be a red flag...some people get new cards or their bank changes hands while an item is still in its return policy. Happened to me two times in recent memory, Wachovia was bought out and they returned to the new bank's card and I got a different card number from my bank because of the Target breach. It was helpful to know returns wouldn't be a problem with the new numbers...

jetsetheart

Chanel 4 Life ;)
Sep 24, 2012
Neimans does this too, I found out by accident and was a little surprised. Didn't know other retailers do it too!