Question about in-store returns

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello Everyone,

I have a question that may seem strange. Recently I discovered if I returned something at Nordstrom, I can receive my refund on a different card than the one I paid with. Are there any other stores, specifically big return chains, that also have this policy?

Thank you!

Taryn

2. Didn't Nordstroms just have that huge credit card breach? While I find it very strange they would refund on a different card, even wonder if it is legal to do this perhaps they did it for security reasons. can you call and ask them why?:smile:

3. When I return to any department store, it automatically goes back on my acct, or whatever card I used.

4. Just curious why you want to know?

5. Because when I buy things online, I prefer to pay with a credit card (i.e., instead of debit). But I like the option of receiving refunds on my debit card so that the money goes directly to my checking account.

6. So you then have to pay a credit card? What's the point of that exactly?

7. Target is the only other store I know of that does this.

8. Unless she's already paid the bill and doesn't want to deal with a negative credit card balance.

9. HUGE red flag for banks.

10. That's what I was thinking, too. It's one thing to ask a specific question about a specific store for one thing. It's a whole other ballgame to find out WHICH stores specifically do this.

11. It doesn't really have to be a red flag...some people get new cards or their bank changes hands while an item is still in its return policy. Happened to me two times in recent memory, Wachovia was bought out and they returned to the new bank's card and I got a different card number from my bank because of the Target breach. It was helpful to know returns wouldn't be a problem with the new numbers...

12. Neimans does this too, I found out by accident and was a little surprised. Didn't know other retailers do it too!