question about gunmetal Alexandra, peeling and returns

cosmogrrl

Apr 19, 2010
OK, so I have jumped onto the Alexandra train with both feet. When they were FP, I wasn't interested. But now that they have hit the outlets, I have five of them and I am in loooove.

I really, really, really want one in gunmetal. I know there are issues.

I can't score one at my outlet. That ship has sailed. If I buy one from ebay, and it does peel, do I have the same return privileges as though I bought it from a Coach store?

I'm thinking not, but, then again, if it is an authentic bag, why should the warranty only extend to the original owner?

OK, so I have jumped onto the Alexandra train with both feet. When they were FP, I wasn't interested. But now that they have hit the outlets, I have five of them and I am in loooove.

I really, really, really want one in gunmetal. I know there are issues.

I can't score one at my outlet. That ship has sailed. If I buy one from ebay, and it does peel, do I have the same return privileges as though I bought it from a Coach store?

I'm thinking not, but, then again, if it is an authentic bag, why should the warranty only extend to the original owner?

Before you buy off eBay, you should try Macy's. Today they are doing their one day sale and Coach is included. You'll get 25% off plus 40 and another 20 if you have a Macy's reward coupon. The total should be around $136 with coupon. Definitely easier than trying your luck on eBay! But the sale is only today!

Anyway...no matter where you buy your Coach, the Coach store will take care of you. Providing that the bag is authentic of course (not that you would carry a fake!). I recently had to damage out a patent Alex that I bought at Macy's and the Coach store took care of me, no problem. I got a sale on it at Macy's but they gave me a store credit for the full price and I could buy something else. So...no worries over that!

If you love the bag, buy it, and carry it until it's on it's last leg. Then Coach will take care of you. :smile:

I was going to suggest the same thing-- try Macys first! If you call and give the SKU they can look it up and find stores that have it in stock. And you can do a charge send over the phone.

Gunmetal Alexandra in regular size: SKU 885135140315
Macy's Downtown Sacramento had several yesterday morning!

If you call Sacramento, hopefully you will talk to Lily! She's awesome! lol She knows us crazy TPFers and she'll help you out!

I bet you'll get it much cheaper at Macy's than on eBay anyway!

I have the gunmetal Alexandra, and so far, I have had no problems with peeling. I love this bag, so figure I'll carry it as I do any of my other Coach bags, and if a problem arises, I'll return it for something else. But so far I have had no problems. And I would definitely be checking with some Macy's to find your gunmetal Alexandra.

What a VERY good idea!!

I have called my local Macy's and no luck. I am currently on perpetual, never ending hold with the Macy's handbag dept in San Antonio, TX.

It ain't lookin' good for the home team here.

^ Did you have your SA search their system for another Macy's that has the bag? Because I know that it's been reported that stores have this bag. Just have your SA search, she'll give you the names of the stores, and then give the stores a call. Any store should ship to you!

ETA: I just read what you wrote again! haha. I'm blind this morning. :P I hope you find it at the other Macy's. If you ever get off hold!

Called San Antonio, Houston, 3 stores in Sacramento, one store in Arlington, VA.

I have to say that nobody provided me with excellent customer service.

Bottom line: Nobody has it or they don't wanna look.

Woe is me.

What?! That's insane. I wonder if they are just really busy. Keep calling and get someone to look it up by the SKU number. And then they can tell you what stores have the bag. I'm certain that some Macys still has the bag!

I did that, but I really can't call all over the country.

My time is more valuable than the extra $75 I might pay for the bag on ebay.

Or, I could just forget it altogether. I have too many bags as it is.

I know, not very TPFish of me, eh?

I did that, but I really can't call all over the country.

My time is more valuable than the extra $75 I might pay for the bag on ebay.

Or, I could just forget it altogether. I have too many bags as it is.

I know, not very TPFish of me, eh?

LOL at this!

I know how frustrating it is to try to reach a live person at Macy's. And I'm sure they're extremely busy today, maybe more so than yesterday, so they don't want to take the time to look it up. Sorry you couldn't find anyone to help you. :shucks:

If you're still willing to hunt to one, I've heard that these two stores might have some.

Texas 281-955-4300
VA 703-418-4488

I know that you mentioned already calling stores in both of these states, so you may have tried them already. So...if you have, nevermind. :smile:

Two more stores supposedly have some gunmetal Alexandras, but they wouldn't answer when I called:

Clover City, CA 310-390-8911
Temecula, CA 951-541-333