question about foundation and sunscreen!

shortness

Aug 1, 2007
Hi everyone, i've notice recently i've gotten alot freckles/sunspots. I refuse to leave the house without any foundation because of all these sunspots and i know the only way to reduce them it putting on sunscreen. Is it ok to put sunscreen and then foundation on top? Would it be too much? Thanks!

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
CA
Yes, it's OK - just remember the SPF of your foundation and sunscreen together are not additive, Whichever is the highest number is what your SPF protection is.

For example, I use a moisturizer with SPF 30, and a foundation SPF 15 - my total protection is SPF 30...

kaka

Stay Positivo!
O.G.
Apr 17, 2006
make sure to put sunscreen first, leave for a few mins so your skin will absorb it then put on foundation on top

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
make sure your SPF coverage is good for BOTH UVA and UVB too...

most SPF is only indicative of the UVB coverage...

Bellagigi

Jan 30, 2008
Winchesterton..field...ville
what/which sunscreen would you girls recommend?
My favorite is DHC's White Sunscreen. It has an SPF 25 and protects from UVA/UVB rays. It is one of the most lightweight formulas I have found and it has a nice light fragrance going on but disappears once it absorbs. It also does not get that funny smell that some sunscreens do during the day. It has other great benefits. I've included a link so that you can take a look. I highly recommend it.

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=451&Catalog=DHC+USA

Nzsallyb

Oct 10, 2007
i like clinique's one (city block maybe?) i like it because it also acts as a primer for my foundation too

shortness

Aug 1, 2007
My favorite is DHC's White Sunscreen. It has an SPF 25 and protects from UVA/UVB rays. It is one of the most lightweight formulas I have found and it has a nice light fragrance going on but disappears once it absorbs. It also does not get that funny smell that some sunscreens do during the day. It has other great benefits. I've included a link so that you can take a look. I highly recommend it.

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=451&Catalog=DHC+USA
would this make my face oily?