Question about dye transfer on palermo

puzzlenop

O.G.
Jul 23, 2009
To anyone that has this bag...have you had dye transfer on the short handle while wearing jeans? I was in the LV store today, once again trying the Palermo PM and Galliera PM and it seems as if the blue dye from jeans would rub onto the short handle while you are wearing it with the long handle KWIM? Has this happened to anyone???

Nope, hasn;t happened to my Palermo PM yet. I usually use the shoulder strap and 6 out of 7 days wear dark blue jeans...

Really!!! That is good to know. It just seems like that short hanging handle continues to rub your side in jeans that the color would transfer. I love this bag and this is the deciding factor between this one and the Galliera PM.

Thank You

Sorry to say, it has happened to my Palermo PM - both on the short handle side facing the jeans and the piping at the bottom corner. I was able to reduce the marks on the piping using a white eraser. The handles - I just let them, since they will darken eventually in time. I've had mine for over a year but don't use it that often.

It may depend on your jeans, if you notice - some brands include a tag with a warning on dye transfer. It can happen on any model where the vachetta rubs against clothing.

I love my palermo and like using it best hand-held. But when I need my hands free, I use the neverfull, which you may want to consider since it is vachetta free for most part or consider a bag in damier ebene.